SIXTH geography.

General Discussion about the game of Checkers.

SIXTH geography.

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:25 pm

Pre-pay sale of my book "SIXTH" is in progress ! :lol: Me and ACF STORE continue receive orders and checks from citizens of many countries. So far, SIXTH has buyers reside in European countries, UK & I, USA, Canada, New Zealand. Yet, I don't have any pre-pay orders from Barbados, Russia, most European countries, Africa or Asia, however they all still have a chance to be on the SIXTH map :lol:

If you didn't order yet the book, you can still do it in 3 ways:

1. Send check in US currency directly to me:

Alexander Moiseyev
5676 Springburn Drive,
Dublin, OH, 43017
USA

2. Send check in EURO & UK currency to to Dr. John Reade:

John Reade,
123 Andover Avenue, Middleton,
Manchester M24 1JQ
England

3. Pay through ACF STORE.

In all three ways - please, don't forget include you address, printed clearly !

If you do it in the 3rd way - part of your money will go directly to ACF.

You pre-pay order is needed as air and highly welcome and appreciated.

Respectfully,

Alex
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Alex_Moiseyev

Re: SIXTH geography.

Postby matthewkooshad on Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:17 am

I hope that the webpage with the covers is loading fine for everyone. Here are the images (not shrinked down) that he showed me just incase anyone isn't able to see them:
Front cover

Inside of the front cover

Jason, for some reason, it would not let me post this after the post I made with the link.
matthewkooshad

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:12 am

Hello, all !

Matthew, thanks alot for your very kind assistance :lol: When I saw the image of front cover in forum - I wanted to buy it on my own ! On the "champions graphics" I decided to reflect "title controversy" - thats why my champion starting year is 2002-2003, not a single date :twisted: like my predecessors - former 3 moves World Champions.

==================================================================

Someone mentioned to me, that I am missing prices :lol: I already posted them in another post in forum, but can repeat here:

1. Bonus edition - $75 (limited 40 numbered issues)
2. Regular edition - $45

These prices don't include costs for shipping + handling. If you send check directly to me or pay through ACF STORE - please, add +3 here. If I bring book to ty and sale it "from hands to hands" - it will be $75/$45.

Dr. Reade wrote me recently and asked about weight of book, which may help him to determine post mail costs. As of today, before book printed - I can't tell exactly the weight of book and proposed Dr. Reade to make price "fixed" - $48 (regular edition) for end user. In this case, if costs will be more than $3 - this will reduce my (author) portion only, not buyer.

Regards,

Alex
Alex_Moiseyev

book

Postby kiwinurse on Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:10 pm

hm thats interesting wonder who the new zealand person was that ordered, i know most of them
kiwinurse

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:27 pm

Hi, Jan !

The only information I have - check, bank name, and post mail address in notes. I don't even know - this is man or woman, because first name has initials only, so - I only have address and last name.

This person was very kind to send me "transferred money" from corresponding bank in New York in US currency, and I don't have to pay any additional costs.

Unfortunately, without special permission, I can' release private information about this particular buyer or any other buyer, who already sent me checks or payed through ACF STORE.

But with all my honesty, I can prove - YES!, I've got one check from NZ to order SIXTH !

Many thanks to him / her, and anyone else, who decided to choose pre-pay option, which would greatly help me financially and pay all my expanses.

Regards,

Alex

=============================================================

Me and Dr. John Reade have agreement, that for people who preferred to buy books directly from him - he doesn't tell me the name of buyers, and only provide the total number. In this case I wouldn't even know, who is a buyer of my book !

All details and costs for UK & Ireland & Europe buyers can be determine with Dr. Reade.

I have very small doubts - if someone decide to buy this book, it will not be spending money for nothing :lol: , and will be a great investment to improve play and skills and becoming outstanding checkers player... for any player at any level.

You can't even imagine - who already ordered book, plan to buy it or showed an interest. :idea:
Alex_Moiseyev

book

Postby kiwinurse on Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:52 pm

No doubt ill hear who eventually,its quite expensive for New Zealanders to buy your book,especially with our currency the way it is
kiwinurse

Re: book

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:59 pm

kiwinurse wrote:its quite expensive for New Zealanders to buy your book

Well ... :lol: If we have situation, when you and/or some other NZ residents want to buy a book, but for discount price - we probably can handle this. I can give NZ residents special "group discount" :wink: Can you get 6 potential buyers for price - lets say $32-$35 for regular edition ?

[No discount for bonus edition]

Don't be confuse with pyramide ! :lol: :P What I am trying to do - just simple "marketing multi-sale discount" strategy, and also intention to promote checkers in NZ.

Alex
Alex_Moiseyev

book

Postby kiwinurse on Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:46 pm

its a shame the value of the currency of a country isnt taken into consideration when selling a book,and priced accordingly to the countrys dollar, i know most wellknown authors books are sold that way, and thats also good marketing strategy, otherwise countrys like new zealand are at a disadvantage, barbados and prague would be also,in individual sellings.
kiwinurse

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:19 pm

kiwinurse wrote:its a shame

The only unfortunate shame is - that i reside in United States :evil: This is major factor which needs to be taken in consideration, when we are looking at book price. If I would live in NZ or Barbados, obviously the cost for book would be different, much lower.

The minimum annual "poor income " in USA is around - $14,000 a year. Ron King told me other day, that on Barbados - these are very good money earned by solid middle-class sitizens.

So ... where is the shame ? :lol: Perhaps we should address this issue to NZ government, which doesn't care of much about their sitizens :idea: If you have club in NZ, you can collect $6-$8 from 6-8 people and buy one book.

If I have a choice - don't write the book and don't disappoint anyone, or I can write book which is quite expansive, and not all people can afford it ... I prefer the second way !

Again, I won't get a millionare from selling this book, but I also don't like to take money out of my family. I have to pay around $5,000 in front, before book gets to printer and also some other $$$$ after this.

If you pay this sum for me in behalf of other bueyrs - I will drop price for book, perhaps twice !

Regards,

Alex
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby Ingo_Zachos on Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:14 am

kiwinurse wrote:..., i know most wellknown authors books are sold that way,...

Here we got it again, Jan, but a checker book is not a book which is likely to find a publisher in New Zealand, like in the Czech Republic,
Barbados or Germany :-(
And Alex is not a "wellkown author" for any publisher in any country.
So for these reasons it has to be an import book, which is priced according to it's US "market prices".
Good for Germany and the euro countries, bad for New Zealand, Great Britain, Barbados and the Czech Republic...

It's always the sad, same old story...

Greetinx from snow-covered Dortmund, Germany

Ingo Zachos
Ingo_Zachos

book

Postby kiwinurse on Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:55 am

Thanks for explaining Ingo, although the UK will do very nicely with its pound/euro
kiwinurse

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:09 am

Due to currency exchange, Dr. Reade told me that regular book edition ($48 ) will cost UK & I & Europe buyers approximately 30 pounds or 40 euros. I think in pounds it could be even a bit less.

Alex
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:36 am

Just finished revising and reformatting book into the final design. Here are some SIXTH statistics:

114 games annotated;

64 openings covered (actually it has to be more than 100 - due to transpositions);

505 diagrams

350 pages (approximately)

Book has references to more than 500 games.

Alex
Alex_Moiseyev

Return to General Discussion