Birthdays

A forum dedicated to odd facts and trivia about our favorite game.

Tommy, Happy Birthday !!!

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:05 pm

tommyc wrote:16th March 1948

Dear Tommy,

In this wonderful spring day I want to congratulate you with this nice number - 60 !!! :hello1: I wish you in your second life term to be more wealthy and healthy, continue to serve our checkers community as you did for many years. I want to thank you for all your contributions to checkers as mail player, author, promoter and coach !

And of course I wish you to keep your unique sense of humor !

Sincerely,

Your friend,
Alex Moiseyev
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Alex_Moiseyev

Re: Birthdays

Postby john reade on Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:53 am

My birthday is 4 July, which I believe is an important day in America?
john reade

Postby liam stephens on Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:52 am

Yes, Jeff Goldblum saves the Planet.
liam stephens

Postby MostFamousDane on Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:54 pm

liam stephens wrote:Yes, Jeff Goldblum saves the Planet.

:notworthy:
Sune
MostFamousDane

Postby john reade on Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:46 pm

Liam, Please explain. John.
john reade

Postby liam stephens on Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:07 am

He devises a daring plan to defeat the invaders, by uploading a computer virus (Sune might be able to explain how it worked) to bring down not only the mothership but also all the other alien spaceships. The unlikely team of ace fighter pilot, Hiller, and boffin David Levinson (Goldblum) sit side by side in the little craft and set out on a trip that becomes a buddy movie in miniature leading to the conclusion we have all been waiting for.

Memorable Quote:
"If you're so smart, tell me something, how come you go to M.I.T. for 8 years to become a cable repairman?"
(Julius Levinson)
liam stephens

Postby MostFamousDane on Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:44 pm

liam stephens wrote:He devises a daring plan to defeat the invaders, by uploading a computer virus (Sune might be able to explain how it worked)

Sure thats easy to explain - the aliens obviously (despite being physically and mentally totally different) created computer hardware with exactly the basic instructions as one of our companies computers (which one our hero brilliantly deduced). When they were done with that they created the same alphabet as us, the same programming languages as ours, the same operating systems as ours (with the same bugs and weaknesses) and then they openend a communication channel to us using a protocol known to us. Thus it was quite easy for our hero to write a virus and just upload it.

Damn that movie sucked :)
Sune
MostFamousDane

Postby liam stephens on Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:57 am

Message from tommyc:

Hi Liam.................greetings from Austraia. my b/day
present from the family......!!!!!.see yu all inabt 3
wks....................Tommy YU can post this to the net!!!
liam stephens

Postby tommyc on Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:21 am

Sorry Alex i missed this post first time around ,i was prob somethere in the air on that 13 hr flight to Singapore at the time.Thanks for your kind words Champ.
Always read "Cannings Compilation 2nd Edition" every day.
tommyc

Postby Jay H on Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:08 pm

Alex_Moiseyev wrote:I decided to open this new topic "Birthdays" under "Facts and Trivia" and make it ongoing.
I propose everyone to support my initiative and post here information about birthdays, including checker players, members of their families and players who is not with us today, but had a birthday at the same day.

I just find hidden :lol: somewhere an interesting message: Congratulations to: BillyBoy (31)

I think this is very interesting fact and I congratulate Billy getting into new zone "earlier 30's" ! I wish him to be successful in all his businesses and accomplish his goals this year !

I just got back from a visit with my friend Earl Hangen, who turned 81 years young today.....
And, even though I know he will not see this, (today anyway)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EARL !!! :blob2: :blob3: :blob4: :blob5: :blob7: :blob8:
Regards

Jay H
Aut Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam !!!
Jay H

Postby Jay H on Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:48 pm

And, as a tribute to my buddy Earl, here is an image of Earl and myself from last Thanksgivig Day, at my home....

Earl was never known for his crossboard ability, but, he is always capable of seeing something that I cannot across the board... :!: :!:

Regards

Jay H
Jay H

Postby tommyc on Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:05 pm

Absolutely brilliant Jay...........and happy birthday to Earl,even as the Ty organiser..... he dint award me the prize as runner up to Banks in the 2005 Mail play-offs (cause he dint recieve my game sheets) lol!! and fair due Earl, no hard feelings.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
tommyc

Postby liam stephens on Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:07 pm

Greetings and Good Wishes to Earl on his Birthday.
liam stephens

Postby Jay H on Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:39 pm

tommyc wrote:Absolutely brilliant Jay...........and happy birthday to Earl,even as the Ty organiser..... he dint award me the prize as runner up to Banks in the 2005 Mail play-offs (cause he dint recieve my game sheets) lol!! and fair due Earl, no hard feelings.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: Tommy you must be freaking psychic !!!! I was just thinking of this !!!!
I will extend Earl's apologies to you on this subject, sincerly.....but he did what he, as tourney director, had to do at that time.....

Regards

Jay H
Jay H

Postby tommyc on Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:03 pm

Yes i agree ,and a lesson to be learned........not that the prize money was big!!lol.........dont depend on your (beaten) opponent to send in his sheets....ggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
tommyc

PreviousNext

Return to Checkers Facts and Trivia