American Checkers Federation: past current and future.

General Discussion about the game of Checkers.

American Checkers Federation: past current and future.

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:48 am

Here I decided to open new topic, where we can discuss all issues related to ACF and any suggestions, which can help us to improve this organisation.

On my opinion, there are two things, important for ACF and any other organisation:

1. Membership
2. Finance (sponsors)

Are we OK with both things or we can we improve something here ? :idea:
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Alex_Moiseyev

membership

Postby JR Smith on Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:11 am

I
A Checker Friend, JR Smith
JR Smith

Finance (Sponsors)

Postby JR Smith on Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:33 am

It will take much effort and salesmanship to secure Finance and sponsors. They want to see benefit and profit from their advertisement expense, especially a commercial sponsor. This translates down to numbers and popularity. I've even started working with the chess people so we can combine checkers with chess and offer both games to the students. This is a hard sell but finally the schools said let the students have a choice and decide. Hopefully Checkers will grow.
A Checker Friend, JR Smith
JR Smith

sponsorship

Postby kiwinurse on Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:07 am

Has anyone ever approached yahoo for sponsorship for checkers. George Miller had a great idea of getting online matches started, where better than a yahoo online match, thus attracting the youth, but also getting yahoo interested enough to maybe help with sponsoring maybe towards the wcdf for world matches, or the other checker federations
kiwinurse

Re: American Checkers Federation: past current and future.

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:23 pm

Several years ago I tried to approach Microsoft for sponsoring etc on Microsft zone. I had contact with sysop and he agreed to pass my email to Microsoft employees. As result, he've got very angry reply back, where they told him never do this again :twisted:
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Alex_Moiseyev

Return to General Discussion