"Its A Banner Year for American Checker Literature"

A forum dedicated to odd facts and trivia about our favorite game.

"Its A Banner Year for American Checker Literature"

Postby Mr. Checkers on Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:48 pm

:lol: "Checker Trivia" questions of the Day"? Can you name a few of the fine pieces of American checker literature that have been published this year alone? :lol: "Merry Christmas" (Cont.)
Take care and God Bless. "Mr. Checkers"---Visit with "Inky" at: http://www.broenink-art.nl/maukie2.swf----"No act of kindness no matter how small is ever wasted". --Aesop--
Mr. Checkers

Re: "Its A Banner Year for American Checker Literat

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:29 pm

Interesting and great question ! I just tried to put everything together, to the best of my memory :lol: , and was very surprised at the end with final number - 8 !!! Did I miss anything ?

1. The Ohioan Yearbook, R. Beckwith
2. SIXTH, A. Moiseyev
3. Payne reprint, D. DeWeber
4. 10th American Ty, R. Fortman
5. New York Tournament, 2005, J. Loy
6. Checkers annual magazine, ICHF / C. Walker
7. 8th IM, Several, G. Lopez - editor
8. US Nt 2006 Selected ... (on the way), A. Moiseyev

Respectfully,

Alex Moiseyev
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby Mr. Checkers on Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:35 pm

:lol: That is a great answer Alex. This has truly been a record setting year for the publication of checker works. Can you think of a couple more to add to your fine list of American Checker Literature--2006? Today we received a brand new checker booklet that is not on your list. "Merry Christmas" :lol: (Cont.)
Take care and God Bless. "Mr. Checkers"---Visit with "Inky" at: http://www.broenink-art.nl/maukie2.swf----"No act of kindness no matter how small is ever wasted". --Aesop--
Mr. Checkers

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:55 pm

Ms. Becky wrote:Today we received a brand new checker booklet that is not on your list.

Hey, man ! You know much more about checkers than I do !

Alex
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby Mr. Checkers on Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:07 pm

:lol: Thank you Alex--I will accept that fine compliment!! Here are a couple of others to add to your already impressive list of 2006 American Checker literature--(9) Jim Loy's--2005 ACF International Mail Tournament, (10) Dr. Ervin Smith's--2005 All-Recorded Games of the APCA. I will search our archives to see if I can't come up with one or two more, but in any case we should be very proud of these checker works all being penned this year. :lol: "Merry Christmas" "Inky" (Cont.)
Mr. Checkers

Return to Checkers Facts and Trivia