"There is Much More to Life Than Just Checkers"

A forum dedicated to odd facts and trivia about our favorite game.

"There is Much More to Life Than Just Checkers"

Postby Mr. Checkers on Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:07 am

:lol: Words of wisdom shared with me many years ago by a very good friend that spent a great deal of his life involved in checker activities. One day I got a little overzealous about wanting him to do something for me relating to checkers and his reply to me was "there is much more to life than just checkers." He mentioned that he was very interested in other things, such as opera, baseball etc. and he went on to say that a lot of checker players marriage problems, such as divorce were caused by their inability to balance checkers into their daily family life--meaning that they spent far to much time with checkers and while neglecting their wifes and family. "Checker Trivia" question of the Day"? Who was this very famous checker personality who's wisdom concerning life and checkers many of us still adhere to today? :lol: (Cont.)
Take care and God Bless. "Mr. Checkers"---Visit with "Inky" at: http://www.broenink-art.nl/maukie2.swf----"No act of kindness no matter how small is ever wasted". --Aesop--
Mr. Checkers

Return to Checkers Facts and Trivia