"He Loves Games and He is Addicted to Them"--ans.

A forum dedicated to odd facts and trivia about our favorite game.

"He Loves Games and He is Addicted to Them"--ans.

Postby Mr. Checkers on Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:01 am

Several years ago we visited him at home. There were games everywhere you looked--and many were set up ready to play. During the day he spends most of his time with books. But at night and on his days off his becomes a gamesman playing every kind of game that you can imagine. In the evening he gets together with friends to play games i.e. 64 and 100 square checkers, pool checkers, backgammon, chess, 9 Men Morris, etc. etc. He attends games tournaments, collects games memorabilia and he is involved with different games associations. I should add that he is a very nice fellow and a good sport. "Checker Trivia question of the Day"? Who is this very active "Gameman"? (Cont.)
Last edited by Mr. Checkers on Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Take care and God Bless. "Mr. Checkers"---Visit with "Inky" at: http://www.broenink-art.nl/maukie2.swf----"No act of kindness no matter how small is ever wasted". --Aesop--
Mr. Checkers

Re: "He Loves Games and He is Addicted to Them&

Postby Palomino on Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:51 am

I had the answer to this before having read half way across the first line.
I'll be getting together with him in a couple of weeks and I'm sure we will play checkers. He's a great promoter of our game and as you have said he plays and promotes all sorts of other games. I guess it's fair to say he's a "jack of all games".

I'll just keep the answer to myself for now and see who else knows the answer to this. He's well known to checker players and also collectors of checker memorbila.

Regards, "Pal" Bucker
Palomino

Re: "He Loves Games and He is Addicted to Them&

Postby Mr. Checkers on Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:42 pm

That is a fine answer John. Roger is a very unique individual and a good friend. During the day he is a librarian--and after that (as Palomino says)--"he is a Jack of All Games". (Cont.)
Take care and God Bless. "Mr. Checkers"---Visit with "Inky" at: http://www.broenink-art.nl/maukie2.swf----"No act of kindness no matter how small is ever wasted". --Aesop--
Mr. Checkers

Return to Checkers Facts and Trivia