"Vegetarian Checkers"--"Pictures"--ans.

A forum dedicated to odd facts and trivia about our favorite game.

Re: "Vegetarian Checkers Anyone"--a Dieter

Postby Mr. Checkers on Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:02 pm

Richard has guessed the right track--now all we need is the left track to complete the answer? Hint: One is an excellent food source for Vitamin A, which is necessary for the development of good eyesight (Bugs eats several each and everyday). And the other is a good food source for potassium, which is helpful in preventing the cramps in Elmer Fudd's aging legs. It is also the food of happiness. So as you can see checkers is a nutritionally sound and good game for them as well as for us to play. :lol: (Cont.)
Take care and God Bless. "Mr. Checkers"---Visit with "Inky" at: http://www.broenink-art.nl/maukie2.swf----"No act of kindness no matter how small is ever wasted". --Aesop--
Mr. Checkers

Postby Ryan Pronk on Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:42 pm

I'll take Dr. Beckwith's lead and say carrots and bananas.
Ryan Pronk

Postby Mr. Checkers on Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:52 pm

This most enjoyable "Checker Trivia" question was contributed to us by our good friend "Palomino", who does a lot of research for us behind the scenes. And maybe if we ask him nicely perhaps he will put the picture of this comic cover on the ACF Forum for all of us to see. We sincerely thank each and everyone of you for your participation in searching out the answers to this fine checker trivia question--Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd slicing up carrots and bananas, which they will be using as checkers during their game together. (Cont.)
Take care and God Bless. "Mr. Checkers"---Visit with "Inky" at: http://www.broenink-art.nl/maukie2.swf----"No act of kindness no matter how small is ever wasted". --Aesop--
Mr. Checkers

Re: "Vegetarian Checkers Anyone"--answer

Postby Palomino on Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:17 pm

I guess I will have to say it's my favorite comic book, and it just goes to show us, everyone likes to play checkers. Here's a picture of the cover, Bugs Bunny #49, June/July 1956.Image

Steve guessed Donald Duck along with Bugs Bunny and that was a pretty good guess because I happen to know Donald also likes to play checkers with his three nephews Huey, Dewey and Louie.Image

It may also be interesting to know that Little Lulu likes to play the "Grand Old Game".

Regards, "Pal" Bucker
Last edited by Palomino on Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Palomino

Re: "Vegetarian Checkers Anyone"--answer

Postby Mr. Checkers on Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:19 am

Those are great pictures Palomino. Thank you for sharing them with us. This was really a nice "Checker Trivia" question. (Cont.)
Mr. Checkers

Previous

Return to Checkers Facts and Trivia