"He Missed a 2 for 1"--answer

A forum dedicated to odd facts and trivia about our favorite game.

"He Missed a 2 for 1"--answer

Postby Mr. Checkers on Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:42 pm

Checker Trivia question of the Day". What former American champion missed a two for one in important play? (Cont.)
Last edited by Mr. Checkers on Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Take care and God Bless. "Mr. Checkers"---Visit with "Inky" at: http://www.broenink-art.nl/maukie2.swf----"No act of kindness no matter how small is ever wasted". --Aesop--
Mr. Checkers

Re: "He Missed a 2 for 1"

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:37 pm

Ms. Becky,

If you tell me the name of Champion (randomly !) - I'll tell you where and what he/she missed ! I don't beleive any champion stayed away of blunders per their entire career :cry:

sorry for off-topic, but it gets smile on my face :lol:

In the book SIXTH, while annotating one game, I had included a collection of famous (and less known) most horrible stupid blunders, happened on the most serious occasion. Mr. Fortman also kindly donated to my book some good examples of fine blunders.

So ... I can extend your question:

tell me the name of Champion, who missed 3 for 1 in the World Championship Match ?

===========================================================================

Ms. Becky, I know the answer on your question, but give people a chance :lol: I think I had several missing and blunders in PA and OH State ty's. Should this be considered as serious occasion ? :idea:

Regards,

Alex
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby Mr. Checkers on Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:08 pm

Alex this question goes back 100 years ago. (Cont.)
Take care and God Bless. "Mr. Checkers"---Visit with "Inky" at: http://www.broenink-art.nl/maukie2.swf----"No act of kindness no matter how small is ever wasted". --Aesop--
Mr. Checkers

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:18 pm

Ms. Becky wrote:Alex this question goes back 100 years ago. (Cont.)

In this case you must be more specific in your original question. I can meet all criterias in your question to provide an answer in modern years :lol: If you want me to post my version of answer - I can do this.

Ms. Becky wrote:Checker Trivia question of the Day". What former American champion missed a two for one in important play? (Cont.)
Alex_Moiseyev

Re: "He Missed a 2 for 1"- plus Alex's com

Postby Mr. Checkers on Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:24 pm

Alex any post that you care to make would be most welcomed here at "Checker Trivia" central. Most of the questions that I post will be from years long gone by. (Cont.)
Last edited by Mr. Checkers on Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Checkers

Re: "He Missed a 2 for 1"- plus Alex's com

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:07 pm

Ms. Becky wrote:Alex any post that you care to make would be most welcomed

Well, an unfortunate answer is, that even after 100 years we don't do any better than our predecessors :roll: and missing one for two shots are still active and continue to be occured in nowdays and even in the 21st century !

In my 3 moves World Championship Match 2002 with Elbert Lowder, in game #24 he failed into one for two at the eariler stage of game: 12-16 21-17 9-13 24-19 8-12 22-18 ???

Elbert Lowder was 2 times USA GAYP National Champion, and that means - your criterias met successfully !

Regards,

Alex
Alex_Moiseyev

Re: "He Missed a 2 for 1"--answer

Postby Mr. Checkers on Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:14 pm

C. F. Barker vs. W. Gardner--1st I.M. 1905 (Cont.)
Mr. Checkers

Return to Checkers Facts and Trivia