Birthdays

A forum dedicated to odd facts and trivia about our favorite game.

Birthdays

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:53 pm

I decided to open this new topic "Birthdays" under "Facts and Trivia" and make it ongoing.
I propose everyone to support my initiative and post here information about birthdays, including checker players, members of their families and players who is not with us today, but had a birthday at the same day.

I just find hidden :lol: somewhere an interesting message: Congratulations to: BillyBoy (31)

I think this is very interesting fact and I congratulate Billy getting into new zone "earlier 30's" ! I wish him to be successful in all his businesses and accomplish his goals this year !
Last edited by Alex_Moiseyev on Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Alex_Moiseyev

Re: Birthdays

Postby Jay Bailey on Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:21 pm

Yes, Happy Birthday Billy. You are a class act, and certainly no racist as accused by other individuals.
It has come to my attention that my username has been used by others; they have abused it and besmirched my name. I apologize to all of those who view me in a negative light because of posts that may have been offensive or vacuous.
Jay Bailey

Postby liam stephens on Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:13 pm

Welcome back Irma. I don't know what your crime was, but it seems to have made some feel hot under the collar. :D
liam stephens

Postby Ingo_Zachos on Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:31 pm

They used to celebrate my glorious birthday in Moscow when I was young, but since I grew older they forgot me :-(

November 7th.

Greetinx from mild Dortmund, Germany

Ingo Zachos
Last edited by Ingo_Zachos on Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can rent this space for advertising, if you like!
Ingo_Zachos

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:44 pm

November 7, Great October Revolution Day, May 1st - Labor Day or February 23 - Red Army Day ?

Alex
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby Jay H on Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:51 pm

Alex_Moiseyev wrote:I decided to open this new topic "Birthdays" under "Facts and Trivia" and make it ongoing.
I propose everyone to support my initiative and post here information about birthdays, including checker players, members of their families and players who is not with us today, but had a birthday at the same day.

I just find hidden :lol: somewhere an interesting message: Congratulations to: BillyBoy (31)

I think this is very interesting fact and I congratulate Billy getting into new zone "earlier 30's" ! I wish him to be successful in all his businesses and accomplish his goals this year !

Greetings Alex (and all...)
Just a mild curiosity, but I had a failed marriage that began on the same date as Irma's birthday......:oops: :oops:
Irma Sierra wrote:APRIL 7TH here.... :wink: :wink:

And, even more coincidently, I have a brother that shares Ingo's birthday....
Ingo_Zachos wrote:They used to celebrate my glorious birtday in Moscow when I was young, but since I grew older they forgot me :-(

November 7th.

Greetinx from mild Dortmund, Germany

Ingo Zachos

Does this mean ANYTHING at all....??Image
ImageImageImage

As for me...10/26/65

Regards

Jay H
Aut Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam !!!
Jay H

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:59 pm

My birthday is on the same day as Nicolas Copernicus birthday, who was born in 1473 and was a first astronomer to formulate a scientifically based heliocentric cosmology that displaced the Earth from the center of the universe.

Alex
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby Jay H on Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:05 pm

My birthday is shared with Chuck Foreman, a 1970's Running Back with the Minnesota Vikings ( An NFL Team), and Primo Carnera, Former Heavyweight Boxing Champ turned Wrestler.....
Doesn't quite compare with Copernicus, but I guess it'll have to do..... :lol: :lol:

Regards

Jay H
Jay H

Postby Jay H on Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:14 pm

Jay H wrote:My birthday is shared with Chuck Foreman, a 1970's Running Back with the Minnesota Vikings ( An NFL Team), and Primo Carnera, Former Heavyweight Boxing Champ turned Wrestler.....
Doesn't quite compare with Copernicus, but I guess it'll have to do..... :lol: :lol:

Regards

Jay H

Wheewwww...!!!!
And, I almost forgot, Hillary Clinton...
Jay H

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:34 pm

Jay H wrote:And, I almost forgot, Hillary Clinton...

Scorpios around me ! My mother was Scorpio (October 28), my wife is Scorpio (November 3rd), Hillary is running for President office, and now - Jay, same as Hillary - October 26 :lol:
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby Jay H on Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:35 pm

Alex_Moiseyev wrote:
Jay H wrote:And, I almost forgot, Hillary Clinton...

Scorpios around me ! My mother was Scorpio (October 28), my wife is Scorpio (November 3rd), Hillary is running for President office, and now - Jay, same as Hillary - October 26 :lol:

And for that matter....Ingo !!!
I believe Alf Jordan's Birthday was 11/6....So, as far as that goes, I do stand in some good company.... :D :D

Regards

Jay H
Jay H

Postby liam stephens on Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:47 pm

Russian Revolution - 9th January 1905
According to the Julian calendar, which was in use at the time, Russian workers stage a march on the Winter Palace, which ends in a massacre of the workers, signalling the beginning of 1905 Russian Revolution. The day came to be known as 'Bloody Sunday'.
liam stephens

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:38 pm

liam stephens wrote:Russian Revolution - 9th January 1905 ... 'Bloody Sunday'.

Yes, it was 1st Revolution, which was later recognized by USSR, but it was never an official Holiday. November 7th got most recognition. Today it is still celebrated in Russia as "Memorial Day" - in memory of many million people who were lost during 70 years.

November 7th is called "October Revolution", because at this time in 1917, it was another calendar and date was October, 25. Some people still celebrate an "Old Christmas" and "old New year" in Russia - January 7th and 14

Alex
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby Alan Millhone on Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:50 pm

Hello Mr. Alex:

Mine is November 21st. , makes me a Scorpio if we add the signs of the Zodiac to your question.

Regards:
Alan
Alan Millhone
Alan Millhone
Site Admin

Postby steve on Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:57 pm

january 11th-49BC Caesar crossed the rubicon - 1693 Mt.Etana volcano,Sicily,erupted -1757 Alexander Hamilton ,born-1861-Alabama seceded from the union-1942 Japan declared war on Holland
steve

Next

Return to Checkers Facts and Trivia