The techniques of Internet checker players

Discussion about all things non-checkers.

The techniques of Internet checker players

Postby Armlock on Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:58 pm

The techniques of Internet trained checker players should never be be-littled. Not to disrespect anyone but I have grappled with the top student of grandmaster Ryan Pronk, namely Josh Armstrong and using only the techniques I gained from my yahoo training. I was able to tap him out.

No, he did beated me up pretty bad. 22-1 but my techniques improved after he beated me down and I just tapped him out 21-10. Not bad considering that my opponent is ranked number 5 in the world in the lightweight division.

Discuss...
Armlock

Re: The techniques of Internet checker players

Postby Patrick Parker on Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:08 pm

what are you talking about?
lay off the peace pipe pal

ahhh sorry.....what are you talking about again?

how do you even get your ideas ....i guess ive fallen behind
Patrick Parker

Postby Patrick Parker on Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:15 pm

o yeah ........
if your going to play a match with someone and keep score its a
non internet thing to let the other person know what you are doing that way maybe they will put forth a greater effort .....just an idea
Patrick Parker

Postby Armlock on Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:33 pm

All I know is, the techniques of Grandmaster Ryan Pronk is not that much higher than what you can learn at yahoo dojo.
Armlock

Postby Patrick Parker on Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:42 am

ah well no offense to my friend ryan ( who is a better player than i am) but he is no grandmaster...............

i have no problem with you armlock but if u want matches with people even if online make it a big deal and make it more official not just add up the outcomes and games you play with people but ask them to play so many games in a match and to take it as serious as they can
Patrick Parker

Postby P.R. on Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:15 am

Internet players are very skilled. But there is a limit or barrier to which they can reach as far as overall skill. I think this limit is a Low Master for some and Top Major player for most. To get above this barrier, I think you have to have experience against Mid to Top Masters - and this experience usually comes from tournaments, and not online.

But if an Average to Top Master plays online, they usually don't have results better than a top online player. So there is a barrier for everyone, and this is given by the fast timers. For example, everyone would agree "rusms" in Kurnik is probably around the same level as top online players such as "dreamhelper" or "infliction", given the limitations of a faster timer. But have "rusms" play vs one of them in a longer timer in a tournament situation...well I'll place my mortgage on the World Champion.
P.R.

Postby Patrick Parker on Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:00 am

i agree with you ......

there is something else about going to tournaments ..
(and not just playing online)
you dont get to sit down with lowder or lindsay or alot of the good players and have them show you a line of play ......and there is something about that experience that someone who hasnt went to a tournament doesnt understand .....and is missing out on
for example lindsay told me one thing.......and i am probably never going to forget it .....and he may not even know who i am but still i learned something
also internet players tactics.......may often include winning on 1 minute timers which ...speed games are fine but they arent everything
if i play a speed game and win but i play into a loss 9 times ....how well did i really do?

i just want more players to attend tournaments
Patrick Parker

Postby Armlock on Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:12 am

Another top student of Grandmaster Ryan Pronk and a verrry amazing player, the legendary Billy "boy" Pronk, has claimed that neither myself nor my friends will ever reach the technical proficiency of the great Ryan Pronk.... I guess ****** runs in the family.

Well to Billy "boy", why won't you step up and prove that Ryan Pronk's techniques will always overcome Internet players.

This post has offended Jolt and Billy boy, close friends and students of Grandmaster Ryan Pronk and Josh......but note that it was Pronk that provoked me to make this post by starting stuff with me unprovoked earlier. I have not done anything to this checker god and great Grandmaster Ryan Pronk but said that yahoo players can be pretty good which somehow offended the great one.

Get off your high horse. The elite Ryan Pronk likes to make fun of yahoo players he once said, I replied that at yahoo we were making fun of him too. "I was never impressed with Fredo" says the great Grandmaster, but will never play him and win.
Armlock

Postby mday on Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:47 am

Ryan Pronk is only "average" in kurnik.
mday

Postby Patrick Parker on Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:33 am

do yall use a hookah or just take it straight off a piece of tinfoil?
armlock its not yugio cards man
Patrick Parker

Postby Patrick Parker on Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:00 pm

tho you may be speakin of me as well
i totally agree with you.....
however i am also trying to communicate with armlock....we both speak english but somehow we dont speak the same language.....

but john.....you joined the conversation as well ....
so are you also in this yahoo group? which for some reason seems like an insult
Patrick Parker

Postby mday on Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:30 pm

JohnAcker wrote:Can we move this to the Broken Boards forum, or failing that to the "Idiots Spouting Adolescent Nonsense" Yahoo group?

Acket has never been successful in "skittles" online checkers, as a matter of fact, almost terrible. The fact is, he is a below average ACF player, and that doesn't cut it in Kurnik.
mday

Postby Armlock on Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:08 pm

What do you mean Grandmaster Ryan "Balion" Pronk is only "average" on kurnik!???? His techniques are some of the finest anywhere, bow down son.
Armlock

Postby mday on Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:25 am

Armlock wrote:What do you mean Grandmaster Ryan "Balion" Pronk is only "average" on kurnik!???? His techniques are some of the finest anywhere, bow down son.

No, he's very average. There are 20+ players who can beat him consistantly.
mday

Return to Broken Boards