Greetings From Corey Modich

Discussion about all things non-checkers.

Greetings From Corey Modich

Postby Corey Modich on Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:48 am

Guess what happens when you randomly put your name in a search engine at five in the morning.

Greetings, I haven't heard from many of you for awhile, I apologize for not updating the site with any news (I don't remember receiving any news from anyone anyway, if I did I apologize for it). I've been busy with my college life and I have been self studying comic making and digital art for the past few months (I'm even starting up my own site for comics, but that is for discussion at a later date) and pursuing to major in Business Administration. My computer has a somewhat laggy connection, so my playing checkers via the Internet has nearly come to a complete halt.

Liam, I see you wanted me to bring my old Daily Wisdoms back, eh? I can't believe someone remembers those.

Ever since my incident with the zone.com administration I seem to have trailed off. They kicked me off from being a Member Plus because I was "inactive in March 2003", yet I had my plus in 2005, go figure. They reinstated other people who were in the same incident as mine. In the same room where I began, I fell. Five years of service and three years of moderation and they kicked me out like it didn't even matter. So, ever since I have been trying to live a quieter life within some forums.

So don't expect many MSN Gaming Zone checkers tournaments anymore, I'm done with the nonsense from that site. Hackers, hecklers, miscreants, and a corrupt administration had made my life miserable.

As far as the World Gaming Center goes, progress is slow, but there have been some work done. I don't know the fate of that site to be honest.

Well, I will be back in the checkers scene sometime soon, hopefully. Just don't expect me to play as well as I used to.

As far as event hosting goes, eventually I am going to try to pick up where I left off. If you really want the Daily Wisdoms thing, I'll do it.

Again, my apologies for not updating.

If you don't know who I am now or who I was, I'll give a quick explination. Back on Zone.com I was +checker, leader of Zone Checkers Rooms (before it got hacked by hackers to death) and then Infinity Hosting Group where we hosted all sorts of games on the Zone. Ever since I used the name "Infinity" in the Infinity Hosting Group I have stuck with that online enity for probably one and half years or so. If you do stumble upon me in some unusual twist of fate please say hello.
Corey Modich

Daily Wisdom

Postby liam stephens on Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:19 am

Welcome back Corey. Your Daily Wisdoms would be a great relief from the mass of incredibly boring trivia postings currently on offer, though I see Matthew is doing his best in the BBS topic under General Discussions. :lol:
liam stephens

Re: Greetings From Corey Modich

Postby matthewkooshad on Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:01 am

ehhehehee :) that made me laugh, thank you :) I just woke up. I hope everyone has a good day today.

Very very sunny outside here today in northeast Mississippi.
matthewkooshad

Postby Palomino on Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:54 am

Hey Corey,

I'm glad you posted, good to hear from you. I just happened to visit WGC last night but I seemed to be the only one there, I've pretty much quit going there.

Stay focused on your college studies (I'm sure you are), that comes way ahead of checkers. Good luck with the digital art and comic making, that sounds interesting. Did I understand correctly that you have a site up and going for the comic, I'd like to check that out.

Regards, "Pal" Bucker
Palomino

Postby Corey Modich on Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:06 pm

I'll start those Daily Wisdoms on Monday and I'll udate them each week (wait that's not daily). I'll cover a good seven days so I don't forget to do that, as I have a tendency to forget things.

My comic site is nothing to brag about as of now. I'll post it up when it is finished.
Corey Modich

Return to Broken Boards