Norman Bates

Discussion about all things non-checkers.

Norman Bates

Postby Mr. Checkers on Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:25 pm

:lol:
Last edited by Mr. Checkers on Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Take care and God Bless. "Mr. Checkers"---Visit with "Inky" at: http://www.broenink-art.nl/maukie2.swf----"No act of kindness no matter how small is ever wasted". --Aesop--
Mr. Checkers

Re: Norman Bates

Postby Mr. Checkers on Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:30 pm

Last edited by Mr. Checkers on Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Take care and God Bless. "Mr. Checkers"---Visit with "Inky" at: http://www.broenink-art.nl/maukie2.swf----"No act of kindness no matter how small is ever wasted". --Aesop--
Mr. Checkers

Postby Mr. Checkers on Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:39 pm

Last edited by Mr. Checkers on Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Checkers

Postby matthewkooshad on Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:35 pm

This person Becky does seem fake to me. She/He is very rude and fake in the words that he/she says. He/She says words that we typically use for speaking joyfully such as 'God bless you' and 'Merry Christmas to you' in the body of messages that imply criticism and sarcasm about people, particularly Lindus from what I have seen.

Please administrators of this forum do something about this user. Lindus played me in a game of checkers; he seems like a very nice fellow. I hate to see anyone insulted. It should not be allowed for someone to insult someone on the ACF forum to a degree that he/she does not feel comfortable visiting this forum. If I were Lindus, I know I would despise this forum at this moment as nothing is being done about this Becky.
matthewkooshad

Postby matthewkooshad on Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:31 am

I thought she/he was nice until I saw such messages. She/he had sent PM to me about changing turkey picture to a christmas one :) I was really shocked when I saw some of these messages. Then, disgusted because they were hurled at another player -- on the ACF forum :!: .
matthewkooshad

Postby Palomino on Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:27 am

Seems we have a battle here for who will have the last word.

I have an image built up in my mind of Lindus Edwards as a GM Player of the highest caliber, someone who, if he would choose to, could add a dimension to this forum that could only be matched by a very few other draughts/checkers players. I have come to respect and admire him for the support and help he has shown and given to my friend Jan Mortimer in reaching her goals. The few games in which I have played with Lindus he was very kind and encouraging to me. I very much enjoyed the story of his father, Bill Edwards, which he shared with us through the Wyllie Draughts and Checker Maven sites and I'm sure he has many interesting draughts related stories from tournaments he can share with us.

I want to say I had the pleasure of meeting Ms Becky and Mr. Checkers at the 2004 IN/6th District Tournament, she is very much a real person and I found her to be very pleasant. Mr. Checkers was the first person from the organized checkers community to reach out to me, he did this by e-mail a few years back and I have ever since held him in high regards. I guess it's no big secrete that Ms Becky's posts are for the most part in proxy for Mr. Checkers, I don't care and I don't understand why anyone else would, I enjoy the little bits of trivia and history they share with us. they are a treasure house of interesting facts.

I guess we have two personalities here that are in conflict with each other and you will never come to complete terms. I just hope that for the good of our great game you can and will put aside your differences and will begin to put all of your efforts towards sharing your best with us. I know you are so much better than what comes across in these posts. I in no way mean to offend and hope you will look at me as a friend.

Lets keep in mind this is the Season of Peace and Goodwill.

Respectfully you have my regards,

"Pal" Bucker
Palomino

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:38 am

Palomino wrote:I know you are so much better than what comes across in these posts.

Very well said. They both are fine people, everyone has alot to say here, everyone has alot of respect in checkers community.

What is the reason of conflict ? INTERNET !!!

I always stated (and Alan Millhone can prove this): Internet is a devil creature, which destroys human soals.

Regards,

Alex
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby Lindus Edwards on Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:54 am

Thank you Pal for that wonderful message. I appreciate it greatly.
Lindus Edwards

Return to Broken Boards