Weekly Random Game

Discussion and analysis about a full game.

Weekly Random Game

Postby Jay H on Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:37 am

This is an excellent update on the ACF Homepage. Superb !!!!
But, in this particular game, it was left as a Red Win. I cannot see it..........if anything, it appears as white has the stronger position.........the final move was a white king move,..............what am I missing ????

Regards

Jay H
Aut Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam !!!
Jay H

Re: Weekly Random Game

Postby Jason Solan on Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:40 am

Glad you like it Jay. I'm still tweaking some things. I may even take it back down until I get everything working.

As far as the game. I don't know. Perhaps it was a timer loss? It was a national tournament so I assume timers would've been used.
Perhaps it was just transcribed incorrect? In tens of thousands of games I wouldn't be surprised if there was 1 dyslexic moment of "1-0" instead of "0-1".

Odd thing is that it is a truly random game, in no shape or form did I influence the choice. But not only is the result not as expected, but it illustrates the transposition problem that John and I were discussing in the other thread.
Jason Solan
Site Admin

Postby liam stephens on Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:40 pm

The Clardy - Coleman game is listed as a White Win in the OCA Archive.
liam stephens

Postby Jason Solan on Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:08 pm

liam stephens wrote:The Clardy - Coleman game is listed as a White Win in the OCA Archive.

Yep, my fault. During conversion I had the dyslexia moment, not Jim. I think all the games are reversed. I'm in the middle of fixing it now.
Jason Solan
Site Admin

Return to Games