CANADIAN OPEN 2008!!!

Talk about upcoming tournaments or your experience at tournaments.

CANADIAN OPEN 2008!!!

Postby Leroy Adams on Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:44 pm

As the new President of the Canadian Checker Association, I would like to thank all those who participated in the Canadian Open Tournament 2006 in Hamilton.
In the past fours years, the CCA was able to establish a fund of over $1200 through a combination of membership dues, fundraising and entry fees. A $1000 sponsorship came from the Thunderbird Baseball Association in Hamilton, bringing the total monies to $2204.70. After expenses ($204.70 paid for the playing room), $2000.00 went to the prize funds. Pen/watch/booklight sets were also given out.
In my term as the new president, my goals are:
1. to work in my own community to improve knowledge of and stimulate interest in the game of checkers
2. to work on improving knowledge of checkers and stimulating interest in the game of checkers across Canada
3. to work with established checker/draughts organizations to improve knowledge and raise the profile of the game of checkers/draughts.
In 2008, the Canadian Open Tournament will be held in Winnipeg, Manitoba. I will focus my efforts to continue to make the Canadian Open Checker Tournament a premiere event.

Sincerely,
Leroy Adams
President, Canadian Checker Association
“All are winners in Canadian checkers.”
Leroy Adams

Re: CANADIAN OPEN 2008!!!

Postby rich beckwith on Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:56 pm

Welcome aboard Leroy! I acknowledge your passion for promoting the game. The 2006 Canadian Open was very well done, and I look for a big turnout in 2008.
Richard Beckwith
ACF Treasurer / WCDF President
rich beckwith

Return to Tournament Discussion