Kentucky Open .. looking for roomater.

Talk about upcoming tournaments or your experience at tournaments.

Kentucky Open .. looking for roomater.

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:59 pm

Just called to hotel in Richmond and find out - it is a little bit late ! All rooms, not just discount rooms only, are sold out in this hotel and perhaps in all nearest hotels in this city, because they have home town game. :D

I am looking for roomate now - preferable smoking, but this is not necessary a MUST request :P All options are available, and if someone live close to this area and is ready to put me in his house for couple nights - I will accept this offer with pleasure !

Respectfully,

Alex
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Alex_Moiseyev

Re: Kentucky Open .. looking for roomater.

Postby tommyc on Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:38 pm

Any results from Ky.Ty?
Always read "Cannings Compilation 2nd Edition" every day.
tommyc

Postby Mr. Checkers on Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:52 pm

:lol: Tommy you are a freckle and a hair ahead of schedule with this question. This fine checker tournament will be played this next weekend. :lol: --"Inky"
Take care and God Bless. "Mr. Checkers"---Visit with "Inky" at: http://www.broenink-art.nl/maukie2.swf----"No act of kindness no matter how small is ever wasted". --Aesop--
Mr. Checkers

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:57 pm

Tommy, Kentucky Open will be at the end of next week, October 13-15. This weekend we have IL 101 tournament, which I was unable (very unfortunately) to attend - due to my work duties.

We maynot have all best players in Kentucky, but I hope to meet here at least Jonathon Chappel, Michael Holmes, Chuck Freeman, Alan Millhone, Don Brattin and ... Ian Caws from England !

Yes, I am not kidding. Mr. Millhone told me, that Mr. Caws has some business in USA this time of year, will be close to this area and may attend this event ! That would be fantastic, if these rumors become a reality !

In other years we had Gene Lindsay, Jim Morrison and other strong players showing up at KY ty, and ... who knows about this year :D

Regards,

Alex
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby tommyc on Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:01 pm

Thanks for that Alex............pity you didnt make it but i guess you cant get em all in.

It will be a nice surprise if Ian Caws turns up in Ky....he can referee..grrrrrrrrr
I dont know if he plays much now?

hMMMMM Kentucky bhoys are tuff ,its a bedrock of checkers players there in the GAYP mode you nvr know ...look out Alex.

Yes Ms Becky my head aint right just now....grrrrrI been down sick last week w/ flu.......I just got mixed up Ms B....im on the slide!!.
tommyc

Postby Mr. Checkers on Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:20 pm

:lol: Tommy thats a good thought for a "Checker Trivia" question--Antiseptic Checkers for the prevention of communicable diseases transmitted thorough direct contact with checker surfaces during the progress of playing a checker game--that is certainly a possibility. Official ACF antiseptic checker spray would not be a bad idea or perhaps even Official ACF rubber gloves designed for the safety of the players. ACF logos could be put on all of these these products. Official ACF breathe mints would not be a bad idea either. :lol:
Take care and God Bless. "Mr. Checkers"---Visit with "Inky" at: http://www.broenink-art.nl/maukie2.swf----"No act of kindness no matter how small is ever wasted". --Aesop--
Mr. Checkers

Postby tommyc on Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:39 pm

HAHAHA...Actually i posed a question in the NORTHWEST DRAUGHTS. NEWSLETTER....................Are there Health and Safety problems to be addressed by the checker fraternity.

I was referring to long 4-5 day Tys where recently in Scotland some players were suffering leg N muscle contractions etc......and stiffness..grrrrrr

But yes i like your idea...............sweet smelling draughts players for a change hehehe.and anti septic as well.i love it......
mmmmmmmmm but i think the rubber gloves is a lil bitty KINKY?? I wonder what Alan will think abt it all??hahaha.
tommyc

Room mate

Postby Michael Holmes on Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:57 am

For reservations, call 859-623-9121 (Do not use the 800 number.) Advise the reservation clerk that this is for the Kentucky Checker Ty and the block of 15 rooms is reserved as the "Brattin, Donald" block. However if this is booked then you can call Knights Inn 1688 Northgate Drive has openings.800-573-6015 is a reservation company to call to book for them or other hotels in the area.
Michael Holmes

Return to Tournament Discussion