German Open

Talk about upcoming tournaments or your experience at tournaments.

German Open

Postby Lindus Edwards on Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:22 pm

Many congratulations to Liam Stephens on winning the German Open with the fine score of 27 points. Runner-up was Bernard Coll on 26 points followed by Dennis Pawlek on 24 points.
Lindus Edwards

Another German Open Book ?

Postby Alan Millhone on Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:36 pm

Hello:

I wonder if Dennis will publish another fine German Open book ? His last one was great and another welcome addition to my library.

Sincerely:
Alan Millhone, President
American Checker Federation
" JOURNEYMAN CHECKER PLAYER "
===============================================
" I am headed to Marion,Illinois this coming week-end for the excellent tournament being held there----- Hope to see many of you there :-) "
===============================================
Alan Millhone
Site Admin

Re: Another German Open Book ?

Postby Ingo_Zachos on Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:13 am

Alan Millhone wrote:Hello:

I wonder if Dennis will publish another fine German Open book ? His last one was great and another welcome addition to my library.

I bet he will, and if not, I will :-)

Igor alreday processed many of the games during the ty, and if anybody is interested on a write-up I will produce a write-up with pctures that were taken in the next two weeks that I may sent out by email.

Here is the final score:

http://www.checkers-online.de/index.html

Cgts. to Liam, Dennis and Irene, the three Champions of the ty, and to Bernard Coll for a very good performance.

The mood among the players was excellent, and only the limited duration of both the ty and the games spoilt the party.
30 minutes r hard to play, especially with broken clocks, and the enforcement of recording the moves :-(
Some games were lost on blunders in time-trouble, others were conceeded draws in order not to exploit the opponents time-trouble.

This restrictive time limit may also explain why the two German rookies that r experienced online players, were not able to score better.

All players visited the nearby Bad Canst
You can rent this space for advertising, if you like!
Ingo_Zachos

Re: German Open

Postby Dennis Pawlek on Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:40 am

Alan I will definitely do the book again but I dont want give an release date for it. But I will try to do it before the next German Open next year. The next German Open should be arround April-May once again but this time we hope we can manage to make it in Ingos home city Dortmund. I would like to congratulate the champions and thank all participants for attending. The tournament had some strong play but unfortunately I agree with Ingo everybody made a blunder or two during the tournament. The thing I realy enjoyed everybody was able to score a win which shows the bottom players catch up and improve there play. I expect the tournament to grow every year... if not in number so in level. :)
Czech Republic and Germany got a got potential in growth as our players are still young.
Just the all of us together can improve checkers!
Dennis Pawlek

Postby Lindus Edwards on Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:34 pm

It was remiss of me not to offer my sincere congratulations to Dennis Pawlek on successfully defending his German National title. Well done Dennis and the best wishes with the book which I am sure will be another great one. Needless to say that I shall be ordering a copy.
Lindus Edwards

Postby tommyc on Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:56 pm

Congratulations especially to....... Liam ,Bernard and all the prize winners from the German Open.
Always read "Cannings Compilation 2nd Edition" every day.
tommyc

Return to Tournament Discussion