something new happening in tournaments

Talk about upcoming tournaments or your experience at tournaments.

something new happening in tournaments

Postby kim willis on Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:51 pm

This is very interesting .As you al know i had went to the Lee House to play a elderly man checkers.Which we had a that wonderful time.Now i have to tell you they are having Checker Tourneys every Thursday evening.There is 30 in Lee House and they have gotten about half to enter in this weekly tournament.This is like month long tournament,at the end of the month they will declare the one with the most points The Lee House Checker Tournament Champion.

A good friend of mine and her sister run this and have gotten little trophies and ribbons.And even had a HUGE scoreboard with ever person who lives there on it whether they play or not.

They have watched some of the women come out and join in now,Boy what a joy lol........

Newpaper will be there and i hope to put this on the internet so everyone can see how this has turned out.I seen once these women and men not have anything to do and now they thrive on playing this.It has brung the child out and the smiles.

And some will be going to Sept 30th Bagnell Dam tourney also.

kim willis
kim willis

Re: something new happening in tournaments

Postby Palomino on Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:24 pm

Thanks for the update Kim.

Regards, "Pal"
CHECKERS: The Mind Sport of Kings and Ordinary Men.
Palomino

Thanks Kim!

Postby Alan Millhone on Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:18 am

Hello Kim:

Your tireless promotion of Checkers for youth and adults in your area is very much appreciated.

Sincerely:
Alan Millhone, President
American Checker Federation
" JOURNEYMAN CHECKER PLAYER "
===============================================Checkers----- " THE MIND SPORT ALTERNATIVE TO VIDEO GAMES "
===============================================
Alan Millhone
Site Admin

Return to Tournament Discussion