Virginia Open

Talk about upcoming tournaments or your experience at tournaments.

Re: Virginia Open

Postby tommyc on Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:26 am

Who is this Steve??? What Tys does he run...i bet NONE.

60 years in the sand gosh..........thats alota sand in the brain,its no wonder they think like that ,so Alex....... be warned you could be next to fall in the pit.
As for checkers, with three great GMS? feeling so dejected and preaching doomsday for checkers /well i guess theres no hope for it with guys like you around./
Always read "Cannings Compilation 2nd Edition" every day.
tommyc

Future of Checkers

Postby liam stephens on Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:52 pm

Well said young Tommy. These dinosaur like attitudes will do nothing to promote the game. As Alan Millhone has often said, the Checker Federations should be seeking Corporate or State sponsorship.
The North West Draughts Federation (NWDF) in Ireland has shown what can be done in this respect.

Jurassic Liam (or call me Stephens Spielberg if you prefer).
liam stephens

Postby tommyc on Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:01 pm

Well said and thank you Liam.

Its really so easy. Ask and you SHALL receive. Peanuts attract monkeys!!.
tommyc

Postby Mr. Checkers on Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:40 pm

Who is Steve? That is a good question. Steve in his own quiet way is one of those people that works tirelessly everyday in the trenches to make checker activities (both on the state and national levels) possible for the rest of us. The lasting foundation of checkers comes from the hard work that people like Steve voluntarily do behind the scenes. Checkers could certainly use more people like him--unfortunately they are few and far between. Steve focuses his attention on the more important aspects of our game--with his positive actions always speaking louder than his words.
Take care and God Bless. "Mr. Checkers"---Visit with "Inky" at: http://www.broenink-art.nl/maukie2.swf----"No act of kindness no matter how small is ever wasted". --Aesop--
Mr. Checkers

Postby mday on Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:23 pm

Do you even play checkers, Ms. Becky ?
mday

Postby Mr. Checkers on Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:36 pm

:lol: Thank you for sharing M-Day. Our staff certainly enjoyed your fine sense of humor, which put a smile on all of their faces--:lol: :lol: :lol: We all need more good laughs like this now and then on our ACF Forum website. :lol:
Take care and God Bless. "Mr. Checkers"---Visit with "Inky" at: http://www.broenink-art.nl/maukie2.swf----"No act of kindness no matter how small is ever wasted". --Aesop--
Mr. Checkers

Postby mday on Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:03 pm

It was a one-word answer, not a chance for you to type up another useless paragraph about, again, absolutely nothing. What's your purpose here if you don't play?
mday

Postby Mr. Checkers on Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:18 pm

:lol: M-Day we are involved with checkers activities from sunrise to sunset--24/7--worldwide. When you prepare for your next checker match against A-Z we could provide you with some much needed information from Payne's Game of Draughts to Moiseyev's "6th", but from what we read here on the Forum I am sure that such knowledge will not be wanted or needed. Please enjoy your stay here on our AFC Forum--hopefully it will be a positive one. And again thank you for brightening our day with a much needed good laugh.:lol: "Inky"
Mr. Checkers

Postby mday on Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:22 pm

How are you involved? You make trivia questions after researching in a checkers book. Anyone can do this, why is this important?
mday

Postby Mr. Checkers on Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:29 pm

:lol: M-Day you are sadly mistaken about the "Checker Trivia", which comes from our everyday life experiences over a period of many years of being part of the checker community. Much of the knowledge needed to answer those "Checker Trivia" questions would not be found in any checker books. All of the "Checker Trivia is part of our past checker history--a great history to enjoy, learn from, and build upon for the future. P.S. If I was to search our extensive checker archives I may even find your name mentioned a few times here and there won't you say? And if you do your research you will find our involvement in checkers throughout its literature also. :lol:
Mr. Checkers

Postby Mr. Checkers on Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:27 pm

:lol: "I simply never claimed any contribution, like you". I don't recall mentioning anything about a claim or contribution either--only involvement, which I am sure is small in comparision to yours M-Day. Our contributions to checkers are well documented and they speak for themselves--so there no need for me to discuss them here with you. Thank you for sharing your day and for providing us all with your assessments concerning our checker activities. Feedback pro or con is always welcomed and it is important to us in helping determine our future involvement in checker activities.:lol: "Inky"
Mr. Checkers

Postby Gene Lindsay on Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:33 pm

tommyc wrote:Who is this Steve??? What Tys does he run...i bet NONE /

Well who is this Tommy (Canning)and what tys does he run. All I know he runs is his mouth cursing and calling people names from half a world away. At least Steve doesn't curse people and call them names just because they disagree with him. Steve is probably Steve Holliday who has run several Tys.!

Gene Lindsay
Gene Lindsay

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:21 am

About match Canning vs Lindsay. Will 2nd player pay for trnsportation only, or also accom,odation and food ? This is not a small sum and must be considered.

In World Championship we played with time control - 1 hour for 24 moves, 4 games a day. But in match with social format you can make it a bit fsater and play 30-40 games per week. It will be very interesting match, I beleive.

Tommy is a good mail player, although won USA National twice one time and maybe well familiar with new and critical openings, Gene - just a good overall, whom I rank about #20 in the World, and one of the top 10 American players.

I can't wait to see this match, and it is nice to see romantic spirits and uncompromise fight still exists today in our realistic 21st century.

Good luck both of you !

Tommy, what did you choose - British Open or Irish Open ?

Alex
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby Gene Lindsay on Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:24 pm

Thank you Alex, but that may be a little high as inconsistant as I have been. The truth is I don't play as hard as I should at times(especially against weaker opponents) until I get riled.

Gene Lindsay
Gene Lindsay

Postby tommyc on Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:21 pm

Well if you read my original post you may find i never proposed to play anyone ,least G Lindsay for a dollar or anything else but......if im riled!!grrrr .....n reply to Alexs post .hmmmm... if i did it would be the Irish 07/
tommyc

PreviousNext

Return to Tournament Discussion