Virginia Open

Talk about upcoming tournaments or your experience at tournaments.

Re: Virginia Open

Postby tommyc on Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:07 pm

When are Ron K. and Jim M, due to play for the GAYP.
Always read "Cannings Compilation 2nd Edition" every day.
tommyc

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:47 pm

When are Ron K. and Jim M, due to play for the GAYP.

As far as I know - they will play when Ron King reply on J. Morrison emails and phone calls. WCDF stay away and not involve. Jim is on his own.

Lets wish him good luck in finding Ron :lol:

If I were Jim - I would ask WCDF for help to negotiate.

Alex
Last edited by Alex_Moiseyev on Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby P.R. on Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:29 pm

Is there a set date to when the Match has to be completed? Is it possible that J.Morrison will be GAYP World Champion by default like Alex Moiseyev once was (not taking anything away from Alemo, or disrespecting him) - Or are the rules changed since then?
P.R.

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:48 pm

Patrick,

Jim and Ron had preliminary agreement to play match on Barbados, but Ron never come back to Jim to finalize things and details - dates, venue etc

You right :D - Jim is not so over ambitious man. He is soft country man from Kentucky :lol: and not very active. He is just sitting mostly and waiting when someone tell him - where and when match should take place. he tried to reach Ron few times without much success.

I suspect - this may talke a little bit longer without Federation involvement.

In both my matches with Ron, 2003 and 2005, we had a negotiator person who helped us to finalzie things and get an agreement: in 2003 it was Hugh Devlin, in 2005 - Charles Walker. Without their tremendous help and efforts it would be much harder to get this done.

By the way - I didn't get my title in default. I won a World Championship match against Elbert Lowder in March 2002, after Ron King was stripped of his title (December 2001). Title was vacant at the time when we played our match with Lowder.

You can find more details about this in my book SIXTH, Appendix C - "Three-move Title Controversy", Pg. 365-372 Book can be ordered through ACF Store on this site :idea:

Alex
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby P.R. on Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:50 am

By the way - I didn't get my title in default. I won a World Championship match against Elbert Lowder in March 2002, after Ron King was stripped of his title (December 2001). Title was vacant at the time when we played our match with Lowder.

That's right, sorry for accusation.

This is starting to take the same route as 2001 when Ron was stripped of his title (which was deserved of course). Will the ACF (or WCDF) eventually try to defend and support Morrison by trying to contact King?
P.R.

Virginia Open

Postby john reade on Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:17 am

The WCDF is very much involved in trying to get the King v Morrison GAYP Challenge Match played.

We have received 3 bids to host this match. Namely, Barbados, The Checker Hall of Fame, and Carlow, Ireland.

The WCDF has appointed Alan Millhone to act as referee. Alan is currently negotiating with Ron and Jim to arrange venue and dates.

The match has to be played by 31 December 2006.

John Reade (Hon. Sec. WCDF)
john reade

Previous

Return to Tournament Discussion