IGOR MARTYNOVS THOUGHTS ON THE IRISH/QT.........

Talk about upcoming tournaments or your experience at tournaments.

IGOR MARTYNOVS THOUGHTS ON THE IRISH/QT.........

Postby tommyc on Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:34 am

Im posting Igors thoughts on the Irish Open /QT "warts and all" for yur consumption.There are also some photos and game diagrammes with this that i wasnt able to post,possibly they can be found on the Italian site?.
Last edited by tommyc on Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Always read "Cannings Compilation 2nd Edition" every day.
tommyc

Re: IGOR MARTYNOVS THOUGHTS ON THE IRISH/QT.........

Postby tommyc on Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:36 am

I want to share my impressions of my trip to Dublin, where two of the biggest Checkers events took place one after another– the Irish Open and the World Qualifier. It was my first visit to the British Isles for such competitions. I intended to meet the best players of English Checkers on the motherland and compare everything with Russian draughts. After my emigration to Germany 17 years ago I quit playing draughts altogether and came back only because of the first World Mind Sport Games in China.

The situation with Checkers in Ireland is very critical and Anthony Boyle told me that in England it is even worse. Unfortunately, Checkers is dying in its native land. Judge yourself: simultaneously with the above-named competitions in Dublin there took place the qualifier tournament among women and also the World Championship for youngsters. So to the first of them came representatives from three far-away countries – New Zealand, USA and Turkmenistan, and to the second one only two participants arrived and both of them were from sunny Turkmenistan. And no one from either Ireland or Britain!! It is an absolute catastrophe and it could not be worse. The only one who could benefit from it was Hoja Durdyev - to report on the results of the World championships in Ireland to the Turkmenian government: the double - gold and silver among youngsters (Maxat Durdyev was the first) and also the challenge victory among women (Hurhangul Toeva) .Wow, viva TURKMENISTAN!

The organizers of the competitions paid the accommodation expenses for referees only. All the others had to pay for everything themselves. Ireland is an expensive country and hotel "Radisson", where the tournaments were held, is on airport territory. To live at the same place cost the participants 75 euro per day. You have to be a big fan of Checkers or to have a sponsor to afford such pleasure. So I asked Sean Phillips, who was officially responsible for those tournaments, (his e-mail address I had found on the American site) to help me to find a cheaper hotel. I got no answer. Also players from Israel and Turkmenistan received no answers.

The Irish Draughts Association (IDA) did not use such events for popularisation and propaganda of the Checkers game. No journalists from newspapers, television or radio were invited to our tournaments. So there was no news anywhere about us. I didn’t see any advertisements in the city, even in the Radisson hotel itself. Nobody in Dublin knew about our great Checkers events or that there are any Checkers competitions at all. The idea is very simple: no advertisements – no sponsors, no sponsors – no money, no money – nothing. From nothing comes nothing…

It was very strange with the prize money for the Irish Open. The description of the tournament promised : 1st place – 500 euro, 2nd place – 400 euro, 3rd place – 300 euro, 4th place – 200 euro, 5th place – 100 euro. All winners were very surprised to find in their envelopes respectively 400, 250, 150, 100 and 100 euro. Later it was found out that all above-named amounts were for the draw which took place after the tournaments. In the World Qualifier it was even more ridiculous: Ron King, who took the second place, got 100 euro, just the same as I, the tenth, did. Of course it was good for me, but where is the justice? It was an insult to the great Checkers player from Barbados…

On the last day, I walked into the village of Malahide, not far from the airport. I had my B&B there. Out of curiosity, I visited the Grand Hotel and found out that they have almost the same prices as in the Radisson hotel, where our tournaments were organized. Why did the organizers not hold our competitions there? A beautiful place, castle, park, seaside, many families with children…That could have been an unforgettable event for participants! In the Radisson hotel there stayed mostly business people and for players it was impossible to walk anywhere but the airport between and after our games.

I mentioned all these problems at the WCDF session which took place in Dublin at the same time. It looks like Irish Checkers management has little interest in developing the Checkers game and participation of foreign players is unimportant to them. That is a pity, the Checkers game is very interesting.

In my opinion, it is time for some changes and definite reform in the system of the World Championship to make it more attractive and exciting. I have some suggestions. I know that British and Irish people are very conservative but let us discuss:-

1. Reject the GAYP – it is only one part of the 3-move World Championship
2. Reject women and youth championships – too few participants, they can play all together in the main tournament.
3. Organise the Olympic tournament once in 4 years with 16 of the best players in a round system (for instance, 8 top players from the top countries, 6 top players with the best rating and 2 players personally from WCDF). The winner gets the World title. In the mean time – Challenge tournament and match between World Champion and Challenger.

Finally, I want to make some comments on the tournaments.

I find it not correct that the champion of the World Qualifier was defined through coefficients. A match between Ron King and Mickele Borghetti with reduced time would have been fairer.

It was quite new to me and I have never met it before – re-pairing in the Swiss system, when the players could play twice during one tournament in the last round of the Irish Open. But if it is so, why did King and Borghetti not play a second time in the last round of the World Qualifier?

One conflict situation took place in my game against Michael Holmes in QT. I used up a lot of time at the beginning of our game and came to be short of time. I reached a much better position but there remained only 1-2 minutes for about 15 moves. My partner had enough time – more than half an hour. I stopped recording the game and started flash playing and my contender did the same. When I protested and asked him to write down the moves, he refused and justified it with: “You don’t make notes and I don’t write the moves!” As far as I know the rules: the players don’t need to write anything in the last 3 minutes before the control but have to record the moves before this time. So I did not know how many moves I had left to the control and we continued both flash playing till I made a mistake and allowed my opponent to fix a draw. The referees did not notice our conflict and were silent. It was interesting that when we started our game and Michael noticed my problems with notation, he gave me his form and even stopped the clock to give me time for rewriting. But when he himself got into trouble he was not so polite. If you are a real gentleman, you have to be so in good and also in bad times, not only when you have nothing to lose. All players whom I told about this situation thought it unfair of him. Mr. Holmes won a point, but lost the respect as a fair player. What is more important?

But enough of criticism, two great Checkers tournaments took place in Dublin and for me it was very interesting to play in both of them.
Before the opening of the Irish Open I noticed one man with a big gold medal and gold chain on his breast in the hall. He greeted the participants of the tournament and shook their hands. When he reached me; I asked him:-

- Are you the Irish Checkers champion?
- No, I am the Mayor of Dublin…
tommyc

Postby liam stephens on Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:20 am

Ingo_Zachos on Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:40 pm said

Here is the promised report.

Wow Ingo, what a torrent of abuse. The armchair critics are having a field day.
Who now will want to volunteer for the post of WCDF Publicity Officer.
No wonder you are seeking to hand it over to someone else.

The Martynov report contains several factual distortions( I would call them blatant half truths ) that some comment seems called for.

Igor Martynov said:
The organizers of the competitions paid the accommodation expenses for referees only. All the others had to pay for everything themselves. Ireland is an expensive country and hotel "Radisson", where the tournaments were held, is on airport territory. To live at the same place cost the participants 75 euro per day. You have to be a big fan of Checkers or to have a sponsor to afford such pleasure. So I asked Sean Phillips, who was officially responsible for those tournaments, (his e-mail address I had found on the American site) to help me to find a cheaper hotel. I got no answer.

The IDA secured a deal with the Radisson Hotel who provided the playing venue and facilities free of charge and reduced rates of accommodation charge. Mr Martynov neglected to mention that the rate for a double room was €95 per room per night sharing (€47.50 each) including breakfast, not an expensive rate for a 4 star hotel.
The hotel deal and rates were publicised in the IDA Newsletter and copied on the ACF forum for all to see. Having secured a deal from the Radisson it was certainly not the IDA’s place to then promote accommodation from other sources. Not withstanding that, however, Tommy Canning way back as far as Sunday 4 July 2010 posted a comprehensive list of alternative accommodation on the ACF forum for all to see. Perhaps Mr Martynov was looking in the wrong places ? If the prices were too expensive for his pocket then surely, the German association should have sponsored him.

Incidentally since the German Opens were introduced in 2004 by Dennis Pawlek they have been well supported in the main by players from Britain and Ireland attending at their own expense. One might enquire off Mr Martynov what cash prize he received at Korbach in 2008 for winning the Open Freestyle(GAYP) tournament. And whatever happened to the promised games book of the German Open 2007 which a number subscribed to. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you !

Igor Martynov said:
It was very strange with the prize money for the Irish Open. The description of the tournament promised : 1st place – 500 euro, 2nd place – 400 euro, 3rd place – 300 euro, 4th place – 200 euro, 5th place – 100 euro

The IDA information leaflet said nothing of the sort. Again this was published in the IDA Newsletter and copied on the ACF forum.

Here is what it said in plain English:

FUND RAISING
There will be a draw to raise extra prize money for the Irish Open, as well as raising prize money for the World 3-Move Qualifying tournament. Tickets will be available at €2 each or €8 for a book of 5 tickets. The raffle prizes will be First €500, Second €400, Third €300, Fourth €200 & Fifth €100. The draw will be held after the Qualifying tournament on Saturday, 30.10.10. Tickets will be available from Bill Dobbins, Treasurer, Blackwood, Robertstown, Naas, Co. Kildare. Or from Seán Phillips, “Suí Finn”, Cullinagh, Newcastle West, Co. Limerick.

Perhaps those with an inadequate grasp of the English language should seek the assistance of a qualified translator.

The IDA honoured in full its promises in the bid made to the WCDF, which was as follows:
The top ten finishers in the Qualifying competition will receive €100 each towards their accommodation expenses. The player, who emerges as the Official Challenger, and who will play Alex Moiseyev in a World 3-Move Title Match during 2011, will receive €2,000 towards his match expenses on completion of the World Title Match.

The IDA bid was gratefully accepted by the WCDF and indeed had that bid not materialised it is doubtful that any other offer would have been secured.

Igor Martynov said:
Before the opening of the Irish Open I noticed one man with a big gold medal and gold chain on his breast in the hall. He greeted the participants of the tournament and shook their hands. When he reached me; I asked him:-
Are you the Irish Checkers champion?
- No, I am the Mayor of Dublin…

Well I leave others to be the judges of that sentiment, but what a statement to make to a civic dignatary welcoming visitors to our shores. I wonder if Angela Merkel had welcomed one of us on our visits to Germany and we made such a remark to her, how well would it have gone down in Germany?

The practice of civility and good manners seems to be a lost art.
liam stephens

Postby tommyc on Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:51 pm

I have always been of the opinion that CRITISISM IS GOOD so I value Igors look (from another perspective) at how our set-up works or falls down depending on what yur opinion is.

1/ It was my first visit to the British Isles;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; NO NO.....Ireland is not in the British Isles

2/The situation with Checkers in Ireland is very critical and Anthony Boyle told me that in England it is even worse;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; YES.....England is worse that’s true,but in North West of Ireland (Donegal,Derry,Tyrone) we have a very busy 6 mths schedule starting from Sept to May with one club Inishowen having 50 plus members and is the driving force behind the NWDF.

3/So I asked Sean Phillips, who was officially responsible for those tournaments, to help me to find a cheaper hotel. I got no answer. Also players from Israel and Turkmenistan received no answers. ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;NO........There may be a lil bit of exaggeration here as I was in touch with Igor and supplied him with alternative cheaper accommodation ,against the wishes of the IDA ,I have to say.He duly got this accommodation .I also posted the said b/b s on the ACF Forum.

4/ No journalists from newspapers, television or radio were invited to our tournaments. ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;YES,.....Igor is 100%right on this one,and ive said before we have a lot to learn from our Euro counterparts in this regard,well pointed our Igor.

5/It was very strange with the prize money for the Irish Open. The description of the tournament promised : 1st place – 500 euro, 2nd place – 400 euro, 3rd place – 300 euro, 4th place – 200 euro, 5th place – 100 euro. All winners were very surprised to find in their envelopes respectively 400, 250, 150, 100 and 100 euro. Later it was found out that all above-named amounts were for the draw which took place after the tournaments.;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;NO........Igor got the previous one correct but gets this one wrong!!.So its even stevens?.

6/ Out of curiosity, I visited the Grand Hotel and found out that they have almost the same prices as in the Radisson hotel, where our tournaments were organized. Why did the organizers not hold our competitions there? A beautiful place, castle, park, seaside, many families with children…;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;MAYBE....A great suggestion form Igor in this one,but as yu know it can only be held in one place,so Paddy Doyle was the man on the button and Paddy had some connection with this particular establishment hence the reason for the Radisson. And I have to say we were well looked after by staff there,1st class. Perfection is nothing to be ashamed of but damned inconvenient at times!!>

7. I mentioned all these problems at the WCDF session which took place in Dublin at the same time. It looks like Irish Checkers management has little interest in developing the Checkers game and participation of foreign players is unimportant to them. ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;ANOTHER MAYBE.....Again another area where we could “do better”?

8/I find it not correct that the champion of the World Qualifier was defined through coefficients. A match between Ron King and Mickele Borghetti with reduced time would have been fairer.;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;YES YES YES.......I agree with you Igor on this one ,but alas the WCDF made that decision,as a matter of fact ive been having discussions with Myles Hannigan on this very subject this past week and we agree with you as it would seem to be the FAIRER way to do it.Im of the opinion that the contaestants should be the most important people in this and that it should not be made(in my opinion) to suit the officials of a Ty,which is what I think it is. ie…….if it takes another 4-5 hours to get a fair winner(by head to head) then so be it.

9/
The referees did not notice our conflict and were silent.;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;NO NO NO/...Ah the referees only interfere if asked to?If yu don’t ask yu don’t get.

10/Before the opening of the Irish Open I noticed one man with a big gold medal and gold chain on his breast in the hall. He greeted the participants of the tournament and shook their hands. When he reached me; I asked him:-

- Are you the Irish Checkers champion?
- No, I am the Mayor of Dublin…;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

THIS IS FANTASTIC...........I liked this one best of all and had a good laugh at it…………..HA HA HA I must say a quite understandable mistake to make Igor,no doubt the Mayor will use this to good effect in future speeches and public appearances , I hope yu can get some royalties from it LOL.

Tommy Canning Assistant PRO IDA
tommyc

Postby Ingo_Zachos on Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:23 pm

Dear Liam,

to you I deeply apologize, if you thought that the critique Igor Martynov gave in his report was my own view, or backed by the IGDD or the WCDF.

May I clarify that:

It is his personal account.
I posted it here as a favor to him, as he has no access to the ACF Forum, though he asked for a password.

I do not share all of his critique, nor his own style.
Though i thibk that now after the QT, te time has come to think about the future of the QT's, especially the format and the Women and Youth section.

I made my own remarks on the critique before, and these are my personal opinion.
Anybody should feel free to discuss aout that.

I already told Igor when he asked me to publish it here that I would have used different words, and that I think some critique might be too harsh, especially about the behaviour of my friend Michael Holmes, to which I also have to apologize, but he insisted that I should publish it as written, and I did that.

May I say again state that I indeed appreciate all help that the Irish, Scottish, Welsh, English, and also others did to help establish Checkers here in Germany.
Your work was not in vain.
And that many players here intend to travel to Ireland and GB for tournaments to give this favor back.

And that indeed our prices are even lower then the prices at the IO or QT.
And that your travel expenses as well as that of all guests were not covered, and that I don't think we can ask for any coverage ourselves if we visit tournaments abroad.

And that I can not promise high prices for the German Open, but quite in contrast I have to say to each player that attends, that his or her costs will not be covered even by winning the 1st price for the next years to come.

My personal critique was never that prices are too low, in contrast I said that high prices are not a solution at all without proper promotion of the game.

And right, Liam, I think that the program was not understood by many players without a proper knowlegde of English.

BTW: Did you realize that the mother tongue of many players is not English?
13/29 in this QT did not have English as 1st language, some spoke no English at all.
And even with some limited knowledge, misunderstandings like that happen easily.

I guess here the WCDF here meets its Babylonic bonundaries.
A very new problem to Checkers.
And, with due respect, that does not only take efforts by tha players but by the WCDF and the organizers in the future to avoid such annoying misunderstandings.

Igor promised to debate his issues and defend his critique as soon as he has full access to the ACF Forum.
It was his intention to start a discussion about topics like how many QT there should be, and how price money can be distributed, and that he believes that promotion for Checkers in general, and especially at this events was disappointing to him and other participants.

I have to say that in my opinion we indeed have to improve all promotion efforts.
And, yes, the WCDF itself must step forward,
and must improve the cooperation to the organizers of the QT or WC.

May I also apologize especially if you think that the episode with the mayor of Dubin is insulting.

Indeed, I have to say that this joke is not quite appropriate, but again:
it is a personal view, not mine, not the view of the IGDD or the WCDF.
(Though tommy seems to like it. Maybe they share the same kind of humor)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I promise it that I will never again publish a report from anybody else but me on this forum or any other forum, but rather ask that person to do it all by him/herself, so that he has to defend his critique on his own and personally, like I have to defend myself against critique on my own reports.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally I would also ask you to consider that Igor indeed published the 1st games and game fragments about the IO and the QT on this forum.

Michael Shabshai also published some games, and I hope that there will also be a discussion about that part of Igor's report and that we could see further games here on this site.

Greetinx from cloudy Dortmund,

Ingo Zachos
You can rent this space for advertising, if you like!
Ingo_Zachos

Postby tommyc on Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:52 pm

Ingo stop blabbering on ,Igor said what he believed in ,i would much rather truth than some political spaek ,hunker-sliding or forked tongue.

I salute any man for speaking his mind(mb yu are too long in the WCDF).
It is no reflection of you or the German Open that yu posted for Igor Martynov so stop worrying that yur Ty will take A HIT,Liam Stephens has spent years @ the University of Life and im pretty sure he wont take offense either>.
tommyc

Postby Michael Holmes on Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:59 pm

Games with IGOR.
1st. After many conversations with him he agreed that I am not responsible for his actions!
2nd. He made two mistakes in the one game which is totally his fault. The referees said players had to make tic marks to keep up with the number of moves when under time constraint/pressure. When he stopped doing this I did stop writing moves. He said I was to write moves and I said he was to make tic marks! This was the end of the conversation. His second mistake was made right before his flag was to fall and coincidentally was his last move of the time limit. I will be glad to post the game but I am not sure if the WCDF is "o.k." with this.
3rd. He was lucky to draw two games with me.
Michael Holmes

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:39 pm

Michael Holmes wrote:3rd. He was lucky to draw two games with me.
This item should be #1, not #3 :lol: :mrgreen: :P
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby Danny_Alvarez on Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:36 am

I honestly think that despite the previous accusations; a result wether it be a loss, win or draw is never down to luck. Mr Holmes do not erode the admiration many of us have for you by lowering yourself to this.
Regards,
D. Alvarez
Amateur Checkerist, Professional Lover of the Game
Danny_Alvarez

Postby Igor on Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:26 pm

Hi dear Checkers fraternity!

I am glad that my report caused such a big resonance. I tried to show you two great Checkers events with my eyes as a participant who came from another game – Russian draughts. I always compared the situation in both games. There was state support of all kinds of sport in the former Soviet Union and also of Draughts. We did not get any prize money, but on the other hand we had no expenses of our own. Our sports committee paid all costs for travel, accommodation and food. Our tournaments were large, well-organized and were well covered by the press. It stays in my memory. Then came other times. I emigrated to Germany and stopped playing Draughts because it has no popularity in Germany and there is no support at all. Only World Mind Sport Games in Beijing awakened my interest to come back.

It was very interesting for me to read quite different comments to my report. I also found some of them in two other different topics: “Dublin 2010 – report, games, photos und discussion” and “Report of the Irish Open by Igor Martynov". Later I also intend to publish the most interesting games in a separate topic. On my site: http://home.arcor.de/checkers64/
I will publish many photos soon.

As for me now, I stand again before a problem: to play or not to play – that is a question. I am trying to find a motivation to remain in Checkers and cannot find it. - The German Open is not interesting – the level is too low. British-Irish Opens are too expensive. The next WMSG is questionable.

But before making a decision I intended to do something “good” for Checkers. I wanted to bring them movement in a positive direction and to open a constructive discussion. The most interesting theme for me as a player was, how to make the World Championship more attractive for players. Maybe Checkers needs a reform? I' ve still made some suggestions. In my opinion: GAYP is too boring, Challenge QT with the Swiss system is too short and the match is too long. I should like just this to be discussed and not a discussion about my person, my English, my manners or my financial situation. Before starting a discussion, I’d like to ask some dumb and naïve questions: Is there any sense discussing it or doesn’t it matter, nothing will be changed, and our forum is only a battle-field where we exchange with shots, reproaches and ambitions? Who would take a decision if we should decide to change something? Is it a person? Hugh Devlin – president of WCDF or Alan Milhone – president of ACF? Maybe it is Organisations or federations? WCDF, ACF, IDA, NWDF, NFD or nations? It would be interesting to know…
Igor

Postby tommyc on Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:14 pm

Igor wrote...................Before starting a discussion, I’d like to ask some dumb and naïve questions: Is there any sense discussing it or doesn’t it matter, nothing will be changed, and our forum is only a battle-field where we exchange with shots, reproaches and ambitions? ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

My opinion is please discuss it,but nothing will change,battles will be fought but NO wars will be won,nothing has changed much in my time almost 20 yrs,dont expect and you ..wont be disapointed is what we aspire too.
tommyc

Postby Danny_Alvarez on Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:48 pm

It all comes down to this...
"you should be the change you wish to see in this world"
let's start by changing ourselves and then our demands will ring so loud with our leaders that they will only have one option but to change.

Unity is strength, and strength is unity
a house divided against itself cannot stand etc etc etc
should i go on????
how can anybody wish to spend a cent in our game when we all seek to tear this game and each other apart?
the few people we have in our game, we have to swallow or pride, ego, differences and pull in one direction and the combined strength will be such that the game will grow once more.
But if we concentrate on our differences instead of on our common goals, what hope is there??

Before I or anybody else points fingers at Allan, Hugh and everyone else, can we ask ourselves "have i done something positive for the game lately??"
change, revolution, revival, transformation ALWAYS starts from the bottom up and not the top down.

cheers,
D. Alvarez

PS Igor I personally understood most of your criticisms to be of the constructive kind and I enjoyed the report. I think the raucus was caused due to this being posted 2 or 3 different times, not necessarily the content. as far as change and something being done i cannot speak as i am in a country where the game has imploded and dissapeared.
Amateur Checkerist, Professional Lover of the Game
Danny_Alvarez

Postby tommyc on Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:19 pm

Igor asks some questions to make things better but no-one gives any answers;;Conclusion, [1] Igor is asking the wrong questions?? [2]or no-one has any answers??[3] Igor is asking the wrong people??
tommyc

Postby Bernard Coll on Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:24 pm

Just my 2 pence worth. Igor makes a lot of good points in his debate. One I think could be looked into is State sponsorship for players to travel overseas with no expense incurred. It is an idea worth looking into, as Igor says this is the norm in Soviet states. But how does the amateur draughts player begin to lobby their politicians for this privilege unobtainable outside the Russian and neighbouring countries? I believe the Turkmanistan government also sponsors the Durdyev family and contingent group. It is indeed an excellent privilege to be endowed with. Igor is suggesting new ideas and possibly changes within this beloved game. Could I suggest that Igor who now resides in Germany, approaches the German government about how to obtain such sponsorship? I do not hold my breath on the outcome. but I wish Igor the very best. If he is successful, I'm sure other European governments would give a sympathetic ear. To conclude, I really think Angela Merkel has enough on her plate for the time being!
Bernard Coll

Postby shinzen on Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:06 am

Hi all!
Question for Ingo and Shane: Ingo, WCDF have only 17 members? I hope, that 18! Or Czech Union of Draughts (CUD) from Czech rep. isn't member???
Second notice for topic: Please, all remember to QT 2005 in Prague. Start money for each players was 100 USD. And what received? Accommodation with full board one week, week ticket for Tram, Bus, Metro etc. Calling Card with 40 minutes call to each country. Airport pick up etc etc. Playing room in historical city centrum, each evening free, walking etc.etc. Rules for games: 1 hour fro 30 move and 30 minutes to finish game. One round maximum 3 hours. 2 rounds per day. NZ TV (thanks Jan), each day report in czech newspappers. And remember please, what was the criticism here.(Yes, without prize money, but, diploma for each players,medals for first 3 players, winner receive big Cup ) And Today???? Has anyone changed their mind?
Best Regads,
Igor Keder
CUD secretary
p.s. I have idee, what change GAYP to 2 move? :D
shinzen

Next

Return to Tournament Discussion