Dalton, OH Tournament (Aug 20-21)

Talk about upcoming tournaments or your experience at tournaments.

Re: Dalton, OH Tournament (Aug 20-21)

Postby rich beckwith on Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:39 pm

John has more complete results, but I believe this was the final "leaderboard" :

T1 Rich Beckwith/John Acker 18
3. Aden Keim 17
4. Kenny Miller 16
5. Abe Keim 15
6.Jerry Miller 13

John and I tied on tournament points, honor points, and head-to-head, so we have co-champions.
I took home engraved clock prize by coin flip. (John said he had an abundance of clocks at home, even before coin flip.) John Acker seemed well prepared for this event. I didn't lose any games, but had plenty of draws this go-around.
Richard Beckwith
ACF Treasurer / WCDF President
rich beckwith

Postby Palomino on Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:44 pm

Congratulations to Rich and John, good turn out for the tournament and I will be looking forward to reading your impressions of the tournament John.
CHECKERS: The Mind Sport of Kings and Ordinary Men.
Palomino

Postby Bernard Coll on Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:32 am

Congratulations to John on a fine performance. To tie with Richard is no mean feat!
Bernard Coll

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:33 pm

Congratulations to John and Rich (listed in alphabet order, either first or last name :lol: ) Full complete tie with grandmaster and title contender means alot. John, you are moving close to Master Divison and I am proud that my couple cents are there.

I also glad to see that Richard didn't lose any single which is certainly a good sign for his upcoming GAYP World Title Match in Medina this fall.

Well done by organisers - good overturn. I am coming to official IN State ty at the end of this week. Hope to have a good time, meet friends and get a new ones and play good games.

Regards,

AM
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Alex_Moiseyev

Return to Tournament Discussion