3-moves WCM 2009

Talk about upcoming tournaments or your experience at tournaments.

Re: 3-moves WCM 2009

Postby rich beckwith on Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:52 pm

I'm here wih Ron, who will head home tomorrow. I will do my best to convey Ron's thoughts and hope I can convey them accurately. Regarding "missed wins," Ron 's opinion is that while a computer can show someone missed a win, no one gains or loses points for a missed win, or for the missed draw that apparently happened previous to the missed win. What counts is ability, and what is seen across the board at the time of the game. I suppose one can say that measuring "missed wins" can be useful to measure one's performance, but pp knowledge (of Ron) is also a factor. Ron is happy and not disappointed; he got back what he put in. Ron is not interested in excuses and is looking forward to the next match. Ron is working on getting 10-pc database and will be even more "up-to-date" for the next match. Alex, Ron says he will give you $50 for every time you can win a game off Ron next time!

Ron is currently busy working on playing 1000 players simultaneously in Barbados in November 14th. This is a Guiness World record attempt to raise money for future checker endeavors. He's also working on an internet site, on-line tournaments for money, Barbados Open, and maybe an Internet World Champion (including youth) for members! An internet team match (like Barbados vs. USA) might be another possibility down the road. Ron will be working on all this when he gets home.

Ron thanks Dr. Beckwith and Alan Millhone, Steve Holliday, Sponsors, and congratulates Alex for retaining the title. He says Alan and Steve can now fight it out for "best referee" title!
Richard Beckwith
ACF Treasurer / WCDF President
rich beckwith

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:00 am

I want to thanks everyone who congratulated me with victory and defending title for another 2 years. I agree with Ron that his fiasco in this match - result of average knowledges of PP which is not enough for the World Champion level.

See you all at next checkers events.

Your Alex.
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby chipschap on Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:10 pm

We just proved once again that noone is perfect and everyone is a human.

Yes Mr. Alex, that is the beauty of checkers and that is why the greatest of computers can never really replace a champion such as yourself. You are a great champion because despite being human and fallible, you produce great checkers. Congratulations!
chipschap

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:10 am

Josh Armstrong wrote:Congratulations Alex.
Thanks ! I'll try to keep that title in my hands until young American players will be ready to take care of it. I really hope I don't have to wait for another 30 years :lol: I still hope that Jolt, Roy and Fredo some day will be showing up at State Tournament or National.

BTW. For those who are interested - my next (and last) state ty in 2009 will be Alabama Open. I can't make District 4 or KY due to family commitment.

Regards,

Alex
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby Eric Strange on Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:20 pm

Jolt, Ray, and Fredo not Roy hahaha.... you almost blew it Alex... you need to come to kurnik more often so we can show you a thing or 2 haha.
Eric Strange

Postby Jay H on Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:39 pm

Alex_Moiseyev wrote: I really hope I don't have to wait for another 30 years :lol: I still hope that Jolt, Roy and Fredo some day will be showing up at State Tournament or National.
Regards,

Alex

Don't forget .....Docherty has you in his crosshairs for the 11-Man title next year.... 8)
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Jay H
Aut Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam !!!
Jay H

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:14 pm

Jay H wrote:Don't forget
Jay, I just got a crazy wonderful idea ... if you really and trully want your valuable $50 go into right directions and not waiting for another couple years, i am offering you to be ... an official Referee of 11-man ballot World Championship Match !!! ... unless William has objections :lol:

Seriously, no jokes. How about this ? You task and obligations will be easy: record games, do some paperwork, stick into WCDF rules, provide timely cofee and water to players. We plan preliminary (still subject to be determined) to play couple days before National and couple days after National, 4 days, 16 games.

Regards,

Alex
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby Jay H on Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:21 pm

Alex_Moiseyev wrote:Seriously, no jokes. How about this ? You task and obligations will be easy: record games, do some paperwork, stick into WCDF rules, provide timely cofee and BEER to players. We plan preliminary (still subject to be determined) to play couple days before National and couple days after National, 4 days, 16 games.

Regards,

Alex

Fixed that forya...!!!

It would take a great deal of work for me to get there...meaning work accomodations, budgeting the money, figuring out how to get there, and squaring it with the wife, etc, etc,......these are the things that world class PLAYERS, such as yourself, have learned how to do.

It seems like it will be a GREAT event that John Acker is coordinating...the American 3-move Championship ty, and the World 11-Man Match title...if I was ever going to make it to an event...this would be the one...!!!

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
I wonder if we could talk some other players from "across the pond" to join Bill Docherty on his trip over... :?: :?: :?:
Seriously, I would be honored.....but, I feel humbled, as there are many others who, I am sure, would appreciate the opportunity to officiate the match......

Regards

Jay H
Aut Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam !!!
Jay H

Postby william on Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:01 pm

Hi folks ,

I am just back from Algeria , and was looking for the games of this GREAT world title match but as yet cannot find them.

Has there been any progress on this since I 've been gone?

Oh while I am on the subject of GREAT matches , .. have the King vs Kundoloo games been placed anywhere?

greetings to all

WILLIAM
william

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:19 pm

william wrote:was looking for the games of this GREAT world title match ... Has there been any progress on this
Well :lol: this year I am kind, soft and polite as never before !

In 2005 I was very aggressive and posted unannotated text of all match games 2-3 days after match. Today, in 2009, I am a bit older and understand that even few bucks may work and help Federation. Per Dr. Richard Beckwith and Hugh Devlin suggestions, I don't do anything this time and ball is in their hands.

I beleive non annotated text of games will be delivered soon to contributors. In addition, Dr. Richard Beckwith and Jim Loy are annotating games now and booklet will be available by the end of year or January, 2010.

All questions regarding games delivery shall be address to Hugh and Richard.

I am busy now with entering all my games (since 1996). Wish me good luck !

Regards,

Alex
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby Jason Solan on Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:47 pm

william wrote:Oh while I am on the subject of GREAT matches , .. have the King vs Kundoloo games been placed anywhere?

I have these games to post, but would like to re-organize the clutter that is the downloadable/viewable games on this site before I post them. Even if I don't get them re-organized, I'll have them up by the end of the weekend.
Jason Solan
Site Admin

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:02 pm

Jason Solan wrote:Even if I don't get them re-organized, I'll have them up by the end of the weekend.
King action :lol: Can you also include here matches King-Kondlo and King-Morrison which you (probably) already have in PDN format ?
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby rich beckwith on Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:35 pm

This was mentioned deep withinin player rep corner, but I will clarify (since I spoke ambiguously to Alex earlier today)....
Annotated world title match games will go to contributors within the next couple of weeks (also to anyone
else wanting to make donation to cover expense of ~30-page booklet and mailing). Then games will be posted on animator on this site afterwards (~2 months).
Richard Beckwith
ACF Treasurer / WCDF President
rich beckwith

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:44 pm

Thanks for clarification, Rich ! Anything related to WCM 2009 games is under your control now.

Alex
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby Alan Millhone on Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:15 pm

Personally, unless you donated a miserable $5.00 towards this or any WCM the games otherwise should not be released for one year from the match. If not what incentive is there to donate to a match ? Our Champions deserve to be supported .

Sincerely:
Alan Millhone, President
American Checker Federation
Alan Millhone
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Tournament Discussion