ATTENTION ALL 16-21 AGED YOUTH : $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Talk about upcoming tournaments or your experience at tournaments.

Postby Alan Millhone on Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:08 pm

Hello 21 and under players:

Considering coming to this year's " Arthur Niederhoffer Youth Tournament " ? If you play in the top youth group you might want to read the following VERY closely.

In the past two year's events we had a group of senior youth and then a second group for the younger players. In the past two we have had (and still will) trophies, cash awards, certificates for the players who come and enter. This year the top players will use clocks as they have in the past. This year it has been announced that ALL youth players will record their games and help will be provided for the junior youth players. I will bring along numbered boards for their use. My 10 year old Grandson Solomon is learning the numbers and is learning to notate. I am sure others are doing the same. The young players of today are the future adult players of tomorrow. Please note: The " Arthur Niederhoffer Youth Tournament" is open to youth 21 and under from ALL over the globe.

Now this year there is an 'added' inducement to attract as many youth as possible and the "FIRST PRIZE" for the top adult youth will be:

--------------------------FIVE-THOUSAND DOLLARS -------------------------

It is our intention to advertise this top prize on GOOGLE , on all Checker playing web sites, on all the Checker/Draughts web sites as possible on Earth. To submit to as many newspapers and wire services as possible around the globe , on ESPN, and every other place any of you can suggest. This will be the biggest youth event ever promoted and you are all invited to spread the word and to offer ideas on promotion and for all of you to do your part to get out the word to everyone eligible to play.

Expert Youth : ages 16-21
A Class Youth: ages 12-15
B Class Youth: below 12 years of age

Hope these three groups clarifies a question I have received.

===============================================

Sincerely:
Alan Millhone, President
American Checker Federation
" LEAVE NO YOUTH BEHIND "
==============================================

Checkers----- " THE MENTAL SPORT ALTERNATIVE TO VIDEO GAMES "

Last edited by Alan Millhone on Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Alan Millhone
Site Admin

Re: ATTENTION ALL 21 AND UNDER YOUTH : $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Postby steve on Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:19 pm

it's nice to have a first prize of $5,000-based on the current acf ratings i beieve i know who will win it-considering the cost to take your son or daughter to the tourney-would it not be better to have the $5,000 in the total prize fund for all contestants ?-i would be surprise if more then six youths attend who are not acf members or whose relatives are members
steve

Postby tommyc on Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:31 pm

This year there is an 'added' inducement to attract as many youth as possible and the "FIRST PRIZE" for the top adult youth will be:

--------------------------FIVE-THOUSAND DOLLARS -------------------------

TRULY AMAZING ALAN............
Always read "Cannings Compilation 2nd Edition" every day.
tommyc

Postby Nathan Gogo on Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:14 pm

5 thousand WOW :shock: I should get playing again :)
Nathan Gogo

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:26 pm

Nathan Gogo wrote:I should get playing again

Dear Nathan, what is the difference between nothing, $5,000 or $50,000 ? Can you please explain this difference to big gentlemens and ladies ? They don't understand this and don't accept my arguments, but may be they will listen you more :lol:

If you have a choice - love checkers, promote the game and earn nothing, or hate checkers but spend some time to master it and earn $50,000 - what would be your decision ?

Sincerely,

Alex
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby Alan Millhone on Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:38 pm

Hello Everyone:

The top youth prize is avaliable to any youth aged 16-21 anywhere in the world who wants to attend and compete. The sponsor desires the $5,000.00 prize be paid in this way and to advertise in any means possible. Everyone should be elated that there is someone out there who believes so strongly in our young players. There are many strong young players on the internet and this is an open invitation for them to enter. To me our youth are the future of Checkers/Draughts . So to all youth reading this posting---------- Study those openings and ending books and plan on coming to the " Arthur Niederhoffer Youth Tournament ".

Sincerely:
Alan Millhone, President
" LEAVE NO YOUTH BEHIND "
Checkers--- " THE MENTAL SPORT ALTERNATIVE TO VIDEO GAMES "
Alan Millhone
Site Admin

Postby Patrick Parker on Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:07 pm

i told some players about this and they were very impressed
Patrick Parker

Reply to Josh

Postby Alan Millhone on Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:19 pm

Hello Josh:

If I was that young again.................... I would only worry about the $5,000.00 # 1 prize.

The other finishers will receive trophies and smaller cash prizes as has been the custon in the past " Arthur Niederhoffer Youth Tournament ".

Sincerely:
Alan Millhone, President
Checkers-----" THE MENTAL SPORT ALTERNATIVE T OVIDEO GAMES "
Alan Millhone
Site Admin

Reply to John

Postby Alan Millhone on Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:35 pm

Hi John:

Your support is appreciated . The youth event and top prize will find its way into all Checker/Draughts publications and web sites........... Might even get Mr. Jim Loy to update his fine site !! I would like to see it reach various newspapers and plan on having an ad t orun on GOOGLE about this event.

Sincerely:
Alan Millhone, President
Checkers----- " THE MENTAL SPORT ALTERNATIVE TO VIDEO GAMES "
Alan Millhone
Site Admin

Re: ATTENTION ALL 16-21 AGED YOUTH : $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Postby maxwelldr on Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:41 pm

I will have to see how fast I can get my skills back but if I feel prepared then i will be there.
maxwelldr

Postby JR Smith on Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:48 pm

I think this is tremendous! I salute the organizers, promoters, and shakers who put this spin on checkers! This is what its going to take to get youth playing checkers. I
A Checker Friend, JR Smith
JR Smith

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:47 pm

Alan,

I'll be 48 soon, which is triple of 16. Can I attend this event in 3 entries ?

Alex
Alex_Moiseyev

Dignity, Interest, Attention :

Postby Alan Millhone on Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:21 pm

Hello JR:

I like your posting and am glad to hear from Robert Maxwell. Robert don't let the fear of competition keep you away from the youth tournament :-)

JR....... The ACF needs a 'think tank' of really interested people who can look for sponsors in a active way. They are out there and no one has ever taken the time nor the interest to go look for them ! I have received numerous suggestions as to where I should look, but few offers of actual help. This 'think tank' may even include a few individuals outside of our game who can help us in our search. I am just one person and just so much time and am asking for assistance . Let me know if you have ideas and an interest to actively help.

Also question for Mr. Alex............... I love your new Avatar !! Is that a Russian Bear 'licking its chops' after a savory win at the board ?

Sincerely:
Alan Millhone, President

Checkers-------- " THE MENTAL SPORT ALTERNATIVE TO VIDEO GAMES "
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alan Millhone
Site Admin

Postby tommyc on Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:15 pm

NO ,NO, Alan hes trying to tell us in a nice way that when he comes to Ireland in Oct that he needs well fed. hahahaha.
tommyc

Postby tommyc on Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:31 pm

"The ACF needs a 'think tank" says Alan.

I would be of the same way of thinking myself,we do need a professional in this field who knows the ropes regarding getting outside money into Draughts.

Maybe paid on a percentage or something to that effect!!/ We here in the NWDF have a few sponsors albeit it small but it shows that there are people out there,big companys ,small companys who would be willing to "give to receive"/

Im thinking as we have a useful tool in the internet sites to publicise any sponsor who was willing to come on board. My head tho tells me "God helps those who help themselves"and to be honest we have the means within our own ranks to do that in many ways. Would it not be better to begin at home?
tommyc

Next

Return to Tournament Discussion