Important Info on Cutoff dates

Talk about upcoming tournaments or your experience at tournaments.

Re: Important Info on Cutoff dates

Postby Lindus Edwards on Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:45 pm

:arrow:
Last edited by Lindus Edwards on Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lindus Edwards

Postby Mr. Checkers on Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:11 pm

:lol: Meow!!, Meow!!. Alex lets look at it this way--they will need a very large mouse trap to entrap you with a mere war of words. :lol: "Inky"
Take care and God Bless. "Mr. Checkers"---Visit with "Inky" at: http://www.broenink-art.nl/maukie2.swf----"No act of kindness no matter how small is ever wasted". --Aesop--
Mr. Checkers

cutoff dates

Postby kiwinurse on Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:06 pm

Just back from Queenstown,where ive been on vacation just overnight,and have just read the forum.Liam and Lindus thankyou for your support,but i dont think anyones trying to shut me out and Kim,sorry ,never meant to cause you strife, and we did talk about this last week,so its not your problem,and yes you did put that date on the forum in January,which i did forget.I think the WCDF need to write an official note to the countries warning them about deadlines in plenty of time, i dont think a warning on the forum is official enough. I also think Alexs note on giving us till at least April 1st to find the money a good comment.Ms Becky,we have a national body here who support me in coming over,but just no monetary support for now until we build up. John Guetta from New Zealand and myself were going to pay $50 each,as he wants to play at vegas also.
So i hope any misunderstanding has been clarified.
kiwinurse

Postby Mr. Checkers on Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:16 pm

:lol: Jan mis-communication often leads to mis-understandings, so thank you so much for putting all of this into the proper perspective for us. :lol: "Inky"
Take care and God Bless. "Mr. Checkers"---Visit with "Inky" at: http://www.broenink-art.nl/maukie2.swf----"No act of kindness no matter how small is ever wasted". --Aesop--
Mr. Checkers

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:38 pm

Lindus Edwards wrote:The matter of cheating however is far from closed.

I agree, it must be ALWAYS open and on-going.

And, if after 5-10 years, I tell you - "Lindus, I am unaware of any other evidents of such sort" - it will be a great end of this story.

Alex
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby tommyc on Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:35 pm

Confidentially

Heee he he .............You do get in some shit too.................I was in Prague.

Im not geting involved here b/c well... It wasnt cheating if what i think this is abt is right, i actually watched the game wrote down the position and all.

Well i dont wanna know anyways...thats life!!

Confidential!!
Last edited by tommyc on Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Always read "Cannings Compilation 2nd Edition" every day.
tommyc

Postby tommyc on Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:40 pm

So spit it out Alex...............where did you get that info that you have!!.

After all there wasnt too many pple there that you know..........??

Confidential or otherwise!!.
Always read "Cannings Compilation 2nd Edition" every day.
tommyc

Postby Lindus Edwards on Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:32 am

Alex, I sincerely hope you are right as cheating has no place in checkers.
Please understand that I made an attempt to obtain the names of the cheaters in order that innocent names would be exonerated of blame. As I said previously I have spoken with a number of players whom I have known for many years and they were more than upset, for it placed them in a bad light as I am sure any reasonable person would understand. I have given my word to Gene that I would not harp on this subject as it is a futile exercise to do so. Surely you can see my point of view Alex?
I understand, of course, that by the use of psychology you are attempting to give a severe warning to such cheaters in the hope that they will not cheat again. This ploy has its advantages but you must consider the innocent players whose names have been tarnished. I feel sorry for these players as they will have this hanging over their innocent heads for the rest of their lives - and it will be at the cost of the few who cheated.
I will say no more on this matter as I have given my word to drop it.
With best wishes,
Lindus.
Lindus Edwards

Previous

Return to Tournament Discussion