Important Info on Cutoff dates

Talk about upcoming tournaments or your experience at tournaments.

Important Info on Cutoff dates

Postby kim willis on Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:37 pm

The cutoff date for dues being paid up is March 1st.
The cutoff date for All players submitted will be May 1st.

If you have paid and would like to submit your players you may send them to me at anytime.

World Qualifier Organizer
Kimberly Willis[/b]
kim willis

Re: Important Info on Cutoff dates

Postby kim willis on Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:46 am

[quote="kim willis"]The cutoff date for dues being paid up is March 1st.
The cutoff date for All players submitted will be May 1st.

If you have paid and would like to submit your players you may send them to me at anytime.

World Qualifier Organizer
Kimberly Willis

I have submitted the cutoff date back in Jan,I hope this now clears up on
the dues to WCDF.
kim willis

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:02 am

Kim / John,

because cutoff date is over now and all National Federations were informed well in advance and paid dues - we already know the valid WCDF members this year. So my question is - what countries will be represented in the Qualify tournaments this year ?

Alex
Alex_Moiseyev

World Qualifier- Vegas 2007

Postby kiwinurse on Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:48 pm

John Reade has said in the other forum theres no time limit.Kim you say March 1st, im a little confused with the mixed messages.
kiwinurse

Postby Mr. Checkers on Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:11 pm

:lol: As I understand this if a sponsoring organization or country has not paid their $100 dues by the cut-off date then an individual can not just represent themselves by paying the $100 on their own (without having a sponsoring organization or country behind them) in order to play in this event. Is this correct? :lol: "Inky"
Take care and God Bless. "Mr. Checkers"---Visit with "Inky" at: http://www.broenink-art.nl/maukie2.swf----"No act of kindness no matter how small is ever wasted". --Aesop--
Mr. Checkers

Cutoff Dates

Postby liam stephens on Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:20 pm

If there is no time limit/cutoff date specified in the WCDF Rule Book, then the 1 March date has no validity.
Jan, the attempts to shunt you out of the Qualifiers is indeed shameful.
liam stephens

Postby Lindus Edwards on Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:02 pm

:arrow:
Last edited by Lindus Edwards on Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lindus Edwards

Postby Mr. Checkers on Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:10 pm

:lol: Liam and Lindus, This checker event has been under the microscope for some months now and I am sure that "no one who has followed the WCDF entry format properly will be intentionally excluded". Nothing has been hidden from Jan and she has (as have many others) been keeping abreast of all current information that has been released (on a timely basis) concerning this upcoming checker event. If Jan has any questions that need that to be clarified I am sure that she has the names and email addresses of those people that she can contact directly who will answer them for her. I am sure that she appreciates your kindness and thoughtful support in this matter. :lol: "Inky"
Last edited by Mr. Checkers on Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Take care and God Bless. "Mr. Checkers"---Visit with "Inky" at: http://www.broenink-art.nl/maukie2.swf----"No act of kindness no matter how small is ever wasted". --Aesop--
Mr. Checkers

WQ Cutoff dates

Postby kim willis on Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:06 pm

I want everyone to know that i placed on jan 30th of 2007 on this forum about the World Qualifier and how I as Organizer needed to have information submitted me on who had paid their dues.Plus we have to have the representatives submitted at a time so we can arrange the rooms,total players coming etc etc.

This was NOT, i say NOT to keep anyone from coming to this event.This was not to target Jan or anyone else.But we needed time lines so that we as hosts could make this a great event,If us as Host had no time lines then we would never know who would be attending and then some would arrive and not have rooms or we would be in the dark until the time of tourney.

Jan you spoke to me on sending the dues right? I say send it to Ian Caws then.There was nothing said when i posted this back at the first of the year.And i never hid this time line and cutoff dates.

KIM
kim willis

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:24 am

Probably extention deadline date until end of March will be a good solution, giving all Federations who has an interest, a chance to renew membership. If QT will be in September, I don't see any hurry on this matter and beginning of April seems to be OK and still have a plenty time ahead.

In my opinion, there shouldn't be any deadline for players, but if they register aftr end of June, they may lose a hotel reservation and discounts, and will be force to do it on their own.

Kind of compromise solution which seems logical to me. This gives players a chances to come last minute if necessary w/o pre-registration

And of course, I don't think Kim deserved any criticism at this point. She started talking about this back to December - January. She just wanted to do everything properly, but forget that she is dealing with checkers players :lol:

In addition, as alternative solution, Jan may ask Charles Walker wife or son, who are the private owners of ICHF (WCDF member) and they can endorse her. ICHF already paid dues.

Alex
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby Lindus Edwards on Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:31 am

Alex, "criticism" of Kim was neither made nor intended. It is a word of your own. I was merely attempting to obtain clarification in a matter which was causing much consternation to my good friend Jan Mortimer.
Jan was concerned, as any normal person would be, that the deadline for her payment for the qualifiers had elapsed.
The treasurer of the English Draughts Association (EDA) is, so far as I am aware, Mrs Joan Caws and not Mr Ian Caws as mentioned in another post on this forum. I could be wrong of course as I am only human and am adult enough to admit this.
I trust that this matter can be resolved to the satisfaction of all in due course.
In conclusion I would like to say that Kim has worked extremely hard concerning the qualifiers in Las Vegas and deserves much praise for what can often be a thankless job.
Lindus Edwards

Postby Patrick Parker on Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:36 am

since ur here lindus come to kurnik and play checkers with me
Patrick Parker

Postby Lindus Edwards on Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:09 pm

Hi Patrick,
I will be at Kurnik in about an hour - about 6pm UK time.
Lindus Edwards

Postby Mr. Checkers on Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:01 pm

:lol: Meow!!, Meow!! :lol: "Inky"
Mr. Checkers

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:24 pm

Lindus Edwards wrote:It is a word of your own.

Not quite, not quite.

I had a chating with Kim on Kurnik last night and she was almost crying :roll: It took some time for me to explain her, that it wasn't intentional and just normal "anarchy" among checkers fraternity :P

As I said - my personal opinion is, that dealdine for Federations renew must be extended by the end of March. But obviously - some sort of deadline is needed !

Alex
Alex_Moiseyev

Next

Return to Tournament Discussion