The US Mens Team for World Qualifier

Talk about upcoming tournaments or your experience at tournaments.

Honest competition

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:55 pm

I want USA players to be the best and I know - we are best today. But it has to be a honest competition and the strongest and best players must be endorse after going through very hard competitive process and earn the rights.

It shouldn't be the process of "looking volunteers" !!!!!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Alex
Alex_Moiseyev

Re: The US Mens Team for World Qualifier

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:15 am

:wave:
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby tommyc on Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:08 pm

I wasnt aware that nominations to WQTs were performance related?? If you had the situ where the top player wasnt interested as often is the case(dont want to travel , too old to travel or just plain not interested wat happens then>

As far as i know the player was often just plain nominated (as the ICHF DOES)or is asked is he/she interested.

But i can see Alexs point that it should be set in stone that their be some kind of play-off to appoint one to represent what ever Association and clearly the ICHF does not meet that criteria.As Gene L says anyone could set up an organisation on paper which is not in the spirit of things really!

Perhaps this situ has been inherited by the WCDF i dont know.

I have to agree that now is the time to sort this,whatever it takes or who evers nose is out of joint,so it looks like a job for the powers that be.

In football some time ago it was the case that GB-UK should not have 4 teams England/Scotland/Wales /N.Ireland in european competitions but that came to nothing.

I would still be in favor of the present arrangement (even tho it gives the USA 5 nominations) if some special arrangement could be worked out to accomodate Mr Walker in view of the long history of the ICHF.This may or may not be possible.Can an exception or a special case be made here, i dont know. What we dont want is the splintering of draughts promoters, at all costs given the fragile position its in.

Perhaps this is not the forum to resolve this issue.
Always read "Cannings Compilation 2nd Edition" every day.
tommyc

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:36 pm

tommyc wrote:I wasnt aware that nominations to WQTs were performance related??

!!! :toothy7:
Alex_Moiseyev

Previous

Return to Tournament Discussion