National Youth Tournament info

Talk about upcoming tournaments or your experience at tournaments.

National Youth Tournament info

Postby kim willis on Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:55 pm

I have spoken to Gerry Lopez this morning on how many rooms will be needed for youth players. The dates will be July 21st and 22nd,this is the weekend before the National Tournament. On Saturday there will be 4 rds. and on Sunday 3 rds. All youth playing in this event will have to notate their games. The younger youth may have a adult notate their games or a referee. The Expert Youth will use clocks.

There will be 3 sections

expert youth division ages 16 to 21
A class 12 to 15
B class for ages below 12 yrs

I would like to have responses asap so we can reserve the rooms.

you may e-mail me at vincomomma@yahoo.com

Kim Willis
kim willis

Arthur Niederhoffer Youth Tournament

Postby Alan Millhone on Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:10 pm

Hello Kim:

In the planning stages......................... For my Daughter Joclaire to bring along Forest 8 and Solomon 10 to enter the youth event. I can bring some numbered boards and pieces to help the youngsters record their games. Also will bring along 2 part score sheets for all youth players. The younger players move so fast that recording moves will get them off on the right foot as they grow older and wiser in the game. I will have clocks for the older youth to use in their rounds.

Be nice to see a 'show of hands' on any youth who plans on attending and letting Kim know either on the forum or via private email, thanks. This will help Kim plan accordingly. I had even thought about two connecting bed rooms (or suites) for this event, depending on how many let us know they are attending ?? I hope we have enough entrants to warrant a playing room in the main part of the hotel:-)

Trophies, certificates and prize money will be awarded as in the past.

Please resond ASAP to Kim's request.

Sincerely:
Alan Millhone, President
American Checker Federation
==============================================

Checkers----- " THE MENTAL SPORT ALTERNATIVE TO VIDEO GAMES

==============================================
Alan Millhone
Site Admin

Re: National Youth Tournament info

Postby rich beckwith on Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:25 pm

Josh,

I'm currently working up a more detailed announcement to answer a lot of these forum questions. For the National youth event, Kim suggested having all groups play GAYP this year and alternating with 3-move each year (as the main National tournament and WCDF do).
Richard Beckwith
ACF Treasurer / WCDF President
rich beckwith

Return to Tournament Discussion