Complete Checkers by Richard Pask now available

Place to put books, transcripts, etc. for sale

Complete Checkers by Richard Pask now available

Postby chipschap on Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:16 pm

I am pleased and privileged to announce the immediate availability of Complete Checkers by Richard Pask. This book is an expansion of Mr. Pask's 21st Century Checkers series.

Weighing in (literally) at over 730 pages, this book will be the definitive 3-move ballot guide for decades to come.

It is available in PDF format, completely free, from my Checker Maven site at http://www.checkermaven.com. Go to the "Richard Pask" link in the right column. The only limitation is that you may not redistribute the book or post it on any other website.

I am also pleased to say that a printed edition is available. Get it from CreateSpace https://www.createspace.com/6851217 or Amazon at https://www.amazon.com/Complete-Checkers-Guide-21st-Century/dp/1542464366/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1485622421&sr=1-1&keywords=complete+checkers. It is also available through Amazon UK and Europe outlets.

The US price for the printed edition is a very modest $24.99.

A Checker Maven article will follow next week.

Thank you, Grandmaster Pask, for the opportunity to publish this landmark work.
chipschap

Re: Complete Checkers by Richard Pask now available

Postby George Hay on Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:02 am

This book is "Yuge" and while inexpensive, I am thankful I could afford to buy it on Amazon! This is a high quality paperback with good diagrams. Like Sixth by Mr. Alex, Complete Checkers by Richard Pask offers rare and valuable insights to taking your game to the next level.

--George Hay
George Hay

Postby tgf on Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:43 am

The only limitation is that you may not redistribute the book or post it on any other website.

Not sure what it all means, just in case I am removing the link to Richard Pask' page from the OCL library.
tgf

Postby chipschap on Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:43 pm

No need to remove any links. Your website is a great resource for all of us.

To clarify my intent, I didn't want anyone else hosting the Complete Checkers PDF file[1]. Links and references and so on are not only fine but much appreciated. Apologies for the confusion.

[1] I update these files with corrections from time to time, and if someone hosts it on another site I have no way of knowing if they're offering an outdated version. That's why I prefer that the files be downloaded from my server; then I know the recipient always gets the latest version.
chipschap

Postby tgf on Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:00 pm

I prefer to keep a copy in the library in addition to the link, too often the linked site gets closed, its content suddenly unavailable, like it was with Jim Loy page for example. My impression from our correspondence was that I would get updates. I do not specifically go to sites, people send the material in. There is a new trend where they collect information on a tournament - the announcement, opening, games, tournament table, pictures, results, analyses, newspaper stories, etc into a single PDF. Thus books are born specifically for the library, instantly available to all.
tgf

Return to Checkers Books and Equipment