Crisloid Checker pieces no longer available / ICHF annual

Place to put books, transcripts, etc. for sale

Crisloid Checker pieces no longer available / ICHF annual

Postby rich beckwith on Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:44 pm

2 updates: Crisloid has ceased production of checker pieces. This is where we have been getting pieces to sell on ACF store. Just thought I would mention it, in case someone is planning to buy checker or pool pieces. Refunds will be sent to those who placed recent orders that cannot be filled or substituted. I'm not aware of any vendors who sell equivalent pieces. Roger Blaine does have a few sets of pool checkers left (even though ACF Store says item is "discontinued").

The latest ICHF annual is now available: There will be an ACF store button added here at some point.

Checkers - ICHF Annual Magazine for 2011 ($20 + $5 overseas or + $1 to Canada)

Games, stories, and articles covering many aspects of checkers, as printed annually by the International Checker Hall of Fame. This edition is 178 pages and covers recent events through 2010. Included are 2008 Beijing WMSG games (unannotated), 2010 World Title Match (annotated) and back-story, etc. Contact ICHF, P.O. Box 365, Petal, MS 39465 (ichfcheckers@aol.com) or Richard Beckwith, contributing editor, 34490 Ridge Road #115, Willoughby, Ohio, 44094, (beckwith24@msn.com),
Richard Beckwith
ACF Treasurer / WCDF President
rich beckwith

Re: Crisloid Checker pieces no longer available / ICHF annua

Postby jaguar72 on Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:12 pm

Dr. Beckwith and all,

GammonVillage sells decent checkers in various colors and sizes. They are not quite as nice as the Crisloids but they are very good.

http://www.gammonvillage.com

They have ivory and maroon (a deep red, actually) and red (and other colors, all sold separately) in one and one-quarter inch (and other sizes) at $4.50 for a roll of fifteen (one and one-quarter inch), so a full set would set you back nine bucks. Larger sizes are more expensive, but not much. All plus shipping, of course.

I have a couple sets of the ivory/maroon variety and am quite pleased with them. They are substantial checkers, quite heavy plastic of some sort. Note, however, they don't preclude stupid moves... . My cats really like them, too.

Please note I have no connection with GammonVillage other than as a customer.

There you have it.

V/R,

Gary Jenkins/Jaguar72
il faut (d'abord) durer...
jaguar72

Postby rich beckwith on Thu May 10, 2012 3:56 pm

Crisloid is back in business, it seems. Roger Blaine has placed a large order (not yet received), so we can sell pieces (regular or swirled, standard or larger pool size) on ACF Store. I've asked Jason to put the store buttons back up. We will not be able to ship until mid-June (2012) though.
Richard Beckwith
rich beckwith

Postby rich beckwith on Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:33 pm

Checker pieces from Crisloid are finally back in stock on ACF Store. The Store also now has a new look for all items. For example, there is one entry for Crisloid checker pieces, with pop-up menus to select piece size (regular or pool) and style (solid or swireld).
Richard Beckwith
rich beckwith

Return to Checkers Books and Equipment