THE WORK OF THE PENTIUM : 2nd. EDITION

Place to put books, transcripts, etc. for sale

THE WORK OF THE PENTIUM : 2nd. EDITION

Postby Alan Millhone on Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:55 pm

Hello Everyone:

Received my copy of Mr. Carl Reno's " improved and corrected 2nd. edition" of his pentium work creating new lines of G.A.Y.P. play . Book is spiral bound, nicely printed, and contains around 150 pages (printed both sides).

Play is found on; Alma, Tim's Lassie, Ryan's Lassie, Bristol, Cross 10-14 Line, Short Cross, Cross Choice, Double Book, Fife, Chicago Fife, Laird and lady, Nailor, Souter 22-17 line and 26-23 line, Souter Hay Line, Hesitation Slip Cross, Whilter 16-20 line, Will "O" Wisp 10-15 line & 26-23 line, and 13-17 line, and 22-17 line of the Wisp and numerous corrections all thru his newest book.

Well worth the $25.00 (Priority Mail shipped) I paid for his latest addition to our Checker literature. Not sure on outside of USA shipping and a check with Mr. Reno is recommended.

Order from ...........

Carl W. Reno
909 East Broad Street
Central City, Ky. 42330
Telephone (270) 754-3384
E-Mail faygloc @bellsouth.net

Copyright protected by one of the Ten Commandments.
===============================================================================

Mr. Reno's latest book is a welcome addition to my Checker library and I highly recommend you support him and his efforts by ordering a copy for yourself.

Sincerely:
Alan Millhone, President
American Checker Federation
Alan Millhone
Alan Millhone
Site Admin

Re: THE WORK OF THE PENTIUM : 2nd. EDITION

Postby tommyc on Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:17 pm

I got a copy in the post recently and its a fine addition to anyones library.Well worth the buy!!
Always read "Cannings Compilation 2nd Edition" every day.
tommyc

Postby Lisle Cormier on Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:50 am

FYI - Due to a recent deal from Carl's printing company, The Work of the Pentium, 2nd Ed., is now available for $20.
Lisle Cormier
Lisle Cormier

Postby jimloy on Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:58 pm

Here is my brief review, from the April ACFB:

Earlier editions of this book consisted of analysis of most of the GAYP openings, with much new play, all analyzed with the help of a strong checker program on a fast computer. They also contained a humongous number of typos. This new version of the second edition is thicker and corrects almost all of the typos. My opinion is that this book is very good, and is well worth the $20 price.
jimloy

Return to Checkers Books and Equipment