From My Library -- The American Checker Federation Bulletin

Place to put books, transcripts, etc. for sale

From My Library -- The American Checker Federation Bulletin

Postby Dennis Cayton on Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:20 am

Greetings To All,

Due to my urgent need to sell my library by the end of the month, I have decided to highlight some of the items I have for sale in the Market Place Forum, at some prices which have been reduced from my original library list. At the present time, I am planning to describe one item a day.

Today I am going to describe what I have for sale from the set of the American Checker Federation Bulletins (ACFBs) that I own, excluding the issues I have been receiving in 2007 since my return to the ACF.

The earliest issue I have for sale is the October 1978 issue, which is Issue #155. The latest issue I have for sale is the December 2003 issue, which is issue #306.

Unfortunately, there is a small handful of missing issues within this entire set.

First of all, I will list these missing issue numbers:

***December 1980 (Issue # 168)

***December 1985 (Issue # 198). This one is not "missing", but instead, there are a few pages missing at the end and stops at page 76. There is no charge for this one.

***February 1986 (Issue #199)

***April 1986 (Issue #200)

***June 1986 (Issue #201)

***February 1996 (Issue #259). Only the front cover is missing. All of the other pages remain.

***April 2002 (Issue # 296)

A number of players are more interested in the specific ACF National Tournaments the ACFBs cover than the yearly sets themselves. For their benefit, I have broken down my collection by the ACF National Tournament games my collection cover:

***The 30th National Tournament, held at Sanford, North Carolina, in July of 1976. Issues #155 to 168. As listed above, Issue #168 is missing, which included the last of the 12-16 openings. Therefore, this set is incomplete.

***The 31st National Tournament, held at Mufresboro, Tennessee, in July
of 1978. Issues #169 to #179. This set is complete.

***The 32nd National Tournament, held at Longview, Texas, in August of 1978. Issues #180 to #191 This set is complete.

***The 33rd National Tournament, held at Tupelo, Mississippi, in August of 1982. Issues #192 to #206. Due to the missing pages in Issue #198 and missing Issues #199 to #201,, this set is incomplete.

***The 34th National Tournament, held at Tupelo, Mississippi, in July of 1984. Issues #207 to #215. This set is complete.

***The 35th National Tournament, held at Tupelo, Mississippi, in July of 1986. Issues #216 to #229. This set is complete.

***The 36th National Tournament, held at Danville, Virginia, in July of 1988. Issues #230 to #243. This set is complete.

***The 37th National Tournament, held at Tupelo, Mississippi, in August of 1990. Issues #244 to #252. This set is complete.

***The 38th National Tournament, held at Hot Springs, Arkansas, in August of 1992. Combined with the 39th National Tournament, held in Garland, Texas, in August of 1994. Issues #253 to #264. This set is complete.

***The 40th National Tournament, held at Danville, Virginia, in November of 1996. Issues #265 to #278. This set is complete.

***The 41st National Tournament, held at Hattiesburg, Mississippi, in August of 1998. Issues #279 to #287. This set is complete.

***The 42nd National Tournament, held at Toledo, Ohio, in August of 2000. Issues #288 to #300. Due to the fact that Issue #296 is missing, this set is incomplete.

***The 43rd National Tournament, held at Las Vegas, Nevada, in August of 2002. Issues #301 to ?. My collection ends with Issue #306, which is the December 203 issue. Therefore, this set is incomplete.

Altogether, I have a total of 146 issues of the ACFB.

I am now selling them, as a complete set, for exactly $146. This is only $1 per issue. Due to the weight of this set, postage and shipping costs are not included.

If you are interested, I will get my entire collection weighed at our local PAK MAIL mailing center. Then I will get 3 estimates, with a tracking number included, for USPS, UPS, and FedEx.

Although USPS is usually cheaper, this is not always the case when packages become heavier. On a couple of occasions, I was able to get a cheaper rate with UPS than with USPS.

My estimates will not include the costs of boxes, bubble wrap, popcorn filler, and the like. That stuff is on me.

I will then send you each estimate and wait for your final word.

I take Pay Pal and money orders. If you are an ACF member, I will also take your personal check and ship immediately.

This concludes my description of the ACFBs I have for sale.

I will return to the Market Place Forum tomorrow to describe another item I have for sale with a reduced price.

Good luck to all.

Best Wishes,

Dennis Cayton

Return to Checkers Books and Equipment