Rugby World Cup 2011

Discussion about sports besides checkers.

Re: Rugby World Cup 2011

Postby Danny_Alvarez on Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:50 pm

i have in the past worked for a betting company and i know that bookies always skew odds in favour of host nation a lil bit.... to entice the punters to have a go... so i knew that was very optimistic odds.....

someone bet 120K aussie dollars and they lost that money.... which here it is a house in a small country town....

i am still heart broken from that game.... we were with the ball in hand 3 metres out in the first five minutes and then it all went pear shaped :( .... the best team definitely won on the day, so congrats to all Irish supporters and i honestly wish them the best of luck against England.

I am pretty sure the only place Australia and Ireland can meet now is the final , Tommy . and i would be ecstatic with a final like that.

it's shaping up to be all nothern hemisphere teams on one side of the draw (france+england+ireland +wales) and all southern hemisphere teams on the other side of the draw ( australia+ new zealand+ southafrica+ argentina)

cheers
Danny
Amateur Checkerist, Professional Lover of the Game
Danny_Alvarez

Postby tommyc on Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:48 pm

The only tricky stumbling block to the Irish is the Italy match.........................fingers crossed!! Dry yur tears Dan..........yu can take the ALL BLACKS.
Always read "Cannings Compilation 2nd Edition" every day.
tommyc

Postby Danny_Alvarez on Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:12 am

tonight the wallabies take on USA....

supposedly you should bet your house on them (again!!!) i will not.... but if they lose you might hear my sobs from the northern hemisphere....

cheers
Danny
Danny_Alvarez

Postby tommyc on Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:29 pm

Aghhhhhhhhhh poor Danny? Keep the faith..................or No Surrender?
tommyc

Postby Palomino on Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:31 pm

I don't know anything about rugby but did watch the Wallabies wallop the Eagles tonight. U.S. has a long ways to go before they are on the same level as the Aussies. Won't see that in my life time I guess.
CHECKERS: The Mind Sport of Kings and Ordinary Men.
Palomino

Postby Danny_Alvarez on Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:53 pm

Palomino wrote:I don't know anything about rugby but did watch the Wallabies wallop the Eagles tonight. U.S. has a long ways to go before they are on the same level as the Aussies. Won't see that in my life time I guess.

Everything is possible Pal..... Rugby sevens .... which is a watered down version of Rugby will be an olympic sport........and i know one thing Americans are almost as competitive as Aussies :)

all they need to do is allow a few wide receivers from the nfl to play for the rugby team on a part time basis while they still do american football or perhaps in the off season.
USA has the sporting talent.... unfortunately they are all playing 3 sports only.

someone will win a rugby sevens olympic gold medal in 5 years.... USA has time to train :)

cheers
Danny
PS i was delighted with Argentina beating the Scots by 1 point.... what a thrilling , tough game that was ....i have lost my voice from so much screaming at the ref .... hahahaha
Danny_Alvarez

Postby tommyc on Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:42 am

Aye that leaves the Scot/Eng game now a big big test............................id have to put the "shed" on England?
tommyc

Postby tommyc on Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:14 am

This is the BIG w/end for Ireland and Italy...............i wouldnt like to call it,Italy have given Ireland manysa good game in the 6 Nations in fact they might well have won the last encounter.Ireland were lucky to scrape it.Aussie will beat the Russian Bears easy so its all on the Irish game for the Quarter Finals?
tommyc

Postby Danny_Alvarez on Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:15 pm

it looks that it will all come down to the Ireland vs Italy and england vs scotland games ....

Argentina beat the scots by 1 point in one of the games of the world cup.... i was very proud of that effort
did you see that game Tommy??
and Australia now depends on the italians beating the irish which is a massive undertaking .... i personally think that the die have been cast and that Ireland is going to be top of the group no matter what....

cheers
Danny
Danny_Alvarez

Postby tommyc on Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:23 pm

Well the good thing is Aussie go thru whatever happens as runners-up at the very least..................tho with a hard test next? Yep i saw the ARG V SCO........a great result for rugby.
tommyc

Postby tommyc on Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:23 pm

Well the good thing is Aussie go thru whatever happens as runners-up at the very least..................tho with a hard test next? Yep i saw the ARG V SCO........a great result for rugby.
tommyc

Postby tommyc on Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:36 pm

tommyc

Postby Danny_Alvarez on Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:04 am

england just beat the scots and they were trailing with a few minutes left .... endangering sheds all over the world LOL
in the end they won by a small margin

now for the italy vs ireland game :)
Danny_Alvarez

Postby tommyc on Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:50 pm

WOOOOOOOOOOW .Ireland produced the goods rather easily in the end,now its Wales nxt w/end its a 50/50 shout too.
England just had to win......Scot had to win by 8 pts and no bonus pt for England so it was easy in the end,now Eng/France a tasty match beckoning?
AUSSIE v SA..........WOW Danny v Lubablo...grrrrrrrrrr.with NZ waiting hmmmmmmmmm quite a sobering thought? eh eh eh??
tommyc

Postby Danny_Alvarez on Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:47 pm

It seems my prediction about all northern hemisphere teams on one side and all southern hemisphere teams on the other became true.
It sounds like there will be 3 very close games + the pumas vs all blacks game LOL
Danny_Alvarez

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports