In passing...

Discussion about sports besides checkers.

In passing...

Postby jaguar72 on Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:52 pm

Please note in passing,

Denmark's Bent Larsen, one of the best chess players in the world and a legitimate challenger for the world championship in the 1970s, died on 9 September 2010. He was 75. Respected, greatly admired and much liked by other players around the world, he will be missed; a thorough professional, he still played, all his life, for the love of the game.

France's Laurent Fignon, winner of the Tour de France in 1983 and 1984, died at age 50 on 31 August 2010 of cancer. One of the best in the history of cycling, he is, alas, usually and unfairly remembered only for his 8-second loss to Greg Lemond in the 1989 Tour de France. He was one of the giants of the road.

Both, RIP.

il faut (d'abord) durer,
il faut (apres tout) mourir...

V/R,

Gary Jenkins/jaguar72
Last edited by jaguar72 on Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
il faut (d'abord) durer...
jaguar72

Re: In passing...

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:19 pm

jaguar72 wrote:Denmark's Bent Larsen died on 9 September 2010.
Generation is leaving :roll: In Moscow on September 23 Boris Spassky, chess ex-world champion 1968-1972, was hospitalized with very heavy insult and is in critical conditions now. All his left part of body paralized and head blood circulation is unnormal. Hospital representative said that they are doing everything they can. Should I say that Boris Spassky is 74 years old ?

I remember him from my young years and meet with him occasiounly couple times.

Bent Larsen was a "West hope and legend" along with Fisher in 60-'s - middle of 70's. Lets wish him peace in rest.

Lets hope Boris will be back to business.

Alex
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Alex_Moiseyev

Re: In passing...

Postby jaguar72 on Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:48 pm

Alex_Moiseyev wrote:
jaguar72 wrote:Denmark's Bent Larsen died on 9 September 2010.
Generation is leaving :roll: In Moscow on September 23 Boris Spassky, chess ex-world champion 1968-1972, was hospitalized with very heavy insult and is in critical conditions now. All his left part of body paralized and head blood circulation is unnormal. Hospital representative said that they are doing everything they can. Should I say that Boris Spassky is 74 years old ?

I remember him from my young years and meet with him occasiounly couple times.

Bent Larsen was a "West hope and legend" along with Fisher in 60-'s - middle of 70's. Lets wish him peace in rest.

Lets hope Boris will be back to business.

Alex

Did you ever meet Mikhail Tal, Alex?

V/R,

Gary Jenkins/jaguar72
il faut (d'abord) durer...
jaguar72

Return to Other Sports