College Checkers

General Discussion about the game of Checkers.

Re: College Checkers

Postby CheckersStrongplayer on Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:50 pm

What state are these competitions held at? Are there any in here? :?:
Checkers is like being in heavens.
CheckersStrongplayer

Postby matthewkooshad on Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:56 pm

CheckersStrongplayer wrote:What state are these competitions held at? Are there any in here? :?:
Read the rest of a thread before posting in it please. The first post and the second post of this thread answer your question.

These might be helpful:
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=idea
Synonym: http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=thought
matthewkooshad

Postby Jason Solan on Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:31 pm

I had taken my college roomate to several tournaments, i think 2 in ohio and 2 in Pa. He enjoyed the company and watching the games but was too intimidated to play except in one tournament. (of course when you look at the talent pool in ohio and pa tournaments its easy to be intimidated :wink: )

Another tip for raising awareness among college students is to play games online in public labs if you can. I did this for a while and had some people asking questions.

I would have liked to start a checkers club at my school, unfortunately i dropped out of the game for the most part before my senior year and things never got off the ground.
Jason Solan
Site Admin

Postby matthewkooshad on Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:21 pm

I would like to start a club at my school too. We have a chess club that I go to when I'm able. I have played a few checkers games there as they have the checkers&chess combo boards that you buy; I had taken my board there a few times too. The chess club is nice because there was an instructor on campus who got it off the ground; difficult for me to start and maintain one on my own because of my studies and having a life.

It would be incredible if there were acf members closeby to an university that aren't students to help get this off the ground at an university. It might be even easier with community colleges as the students there have more free time usually.

A nice thing is that it does not require moneys to have a club like this at a uni. The chess club that I mentioned doesn't even have membership fees. This will just take initiative by acf members / staff; it will not ever happen without that. There are thousands of players online -- hundreds of these are college students. I hope someone can find them.
matthewkooshad

Postby maxwelldr on Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:15 pm

i think it would be a great thing for checkers as for me I would be glad to find people at my college to put a team together.
maxwelldr

Previous

Return to General Discussion