checkerboards website

General Discussion about the game of Checkers.

checkerboards website

Postby Patrick Parker on Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:26 pm

thats on the website....what is it? anyone?

Kingscourt opening book (~2MB). I solved the game of Kingscourt on January 17 2006; white wins in approximately 62 half-moves. This opening book contains a partial solution - it goes as deep as necessary so that the Kingscourt engine will be able to find the final win within a couple of seconds on a fast computer. To install, extract this opening book into your CheckerBoard directory (NOT into the engines directory).
Patrick Parker

Re: checkerboards website

Postby Ed Gilbert on Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:56 pm

Here is what is displayed when you select Engines, Help with the kings court engine:

Kingscourt Cake Help
Kingscourt Cake plays (not suprisingly) the Kingscourt variant of checkers. In this variant, the first player to crown a man wins. The other rules are like in English checkers. Obviously, unlike in regular checkers, there is always a winner in Kingscourt. I have used this engine to solve the game, i.e. to find out whether black or white will win the game. Kingscourt Cake currently comes without an opening book, and because of the nature of the game, it also has no endgame databases. Nevertheless, it should be a tough opponent!
Ed Gilbert

Return to General Discussion