3 move QT: Scotland - Are you going, Docherty?

General Discussion about the game of Checkers.

3 move QT: Scotland - Are you going, Docherty?

Postby AKA on Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 pm

Is Docherty invited to play?

Any word from Borghetti?

Is anyone 100% on going?

Are the Durdyevs going? ...Mr. Sabsaj from Isreal?
AKA

YES

Postby william on Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:47 pm

Hi friend

I do not know you but will reply to your question.
Yes I am going to world qualifier.
I beleive duryevs are going too.
King should be there ,I hope so .
Morrison is going.
Beckwith.
Harwood
Allicot
Should be an interesting ty.
I am not hoping to do so well as the last time I played was British 2002 where I got only 4th place .but due in part to psychological reasons(father in law dying the week of ty of cancer)
Plus I have fogotten all pp and all basic endgames, and now do not even know how to notate a game without the help of the cia's computer.
Lets say i'm just going for some fun
see you there
WILLIAM DOCHERTY
william

Re: 3 move QT: Scotland - Are you going, Docherty?

Postby AKA on Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:04 pm

The same 3 Americans are going (Morrison, Beckwith, and Holmes is raising money) ? The same 3 that went to Prague for GAYP QT.

Is Tom Watson representing Scotland also? Who will be the 3rd? Oliphant?

It should be as exciting to watch as the Prague QT. Are the time formats going to be different? Will it be 10 rounds with repairs or 9 rounds again?

If there is a website that has all this info, you don't need to answer it, just post the link :)

Thank you
AKA

Re: YES

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:13 pm

william wrote:Plus I have fogotten all pp and all basic endgames, and now do not even know how to notate a game

Dear William,

after everything I read from your message I can say - you are very lucky man and have all chances to win ty ! About forgotting PP ... The Russian proverb says: "Who know less is sleeping better !"

About notation - it's easy. All squares are numbered from 1 through 32. It starts from red double corner (right side) and finish in the white double corner. All you need to know - difference between left and right and numbers from 1 thru 32.

Even if you don't know how to record the game - it's still OK. Ron King during our matches often recorded only opening moves or portion of game, and after end - asked me or referee for copy.

So - not knowing how to record the game can't stop you to play at the highest calibre level.

I wish you and all other QT participants good luck. Ron King indeed will be a favorite in this ty, but this year he may have more tougher competition than in 2004. I also hope Hugh Devlin can make it.

Respectfully,

Alex Moiseyev
the man who knows numbers
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby Ingo_Zachos on Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:34 pm

william wrote:...
Plus I have fogotten all pp and all basic endgames, and now do not even know how to notate a game without the help of the cia's computer.
WILLIAM DOCHERTY

So if you need practice, try to make this ty:
http://www.draughts.dk/ENG/Menu/index.html (see"Tournaments", "Danish Open")
It is three move and would be a good start for a come back.

Try it :-)

Good luck from still cold :-(( Dortmund, Germany

Ingo Zachos
You can rent this space for advertising, if you like!
Ingo_Zachos

Postby MostFamousDane on Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:43 am

Ingo_Zachos wrote:
william wrote:...
WILLIAM DOCHERTY

So if you need practice, try to make this ty:
http://www.draughts.dk/ENG/Menu/index.html (see"Tournaments", "Danish Open")
It is three move and would be a good start for a come back.

Try it :-)

Good luck from still cold :-(( Dortmund, Germany

Ingo Zachos

Hey Ingo - thx for promoting our tournament :)

Regarding the players, this is the official list I got from John Reade after the deadline for nominations:

BDA
R. Williams

BIDS
D. Harwood

England
R. Allicock
F. Bednall

Germany
I. Zachos

ICHF
M. Holmes
C. Nash

Italy
M. Borghetti
G. Secchi

Scotland
W. Docherty
D. Oliphant
C. Young

Turkmenistan
B. Durdyev
M. Durdyev

King, Morrison or Beckwith is not on this list.

Sune
MostFamousDane

Postby william on Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:07 am

Thanks for that useful advice Alex; I see that your sense of humor is still at the top .
I am off to Spain for a 10 day holiday but when I get back I will contact you via this means of communication and perhaps we can meet up somesite for a few practise games what do you think,,.??
Hi ALL

ANYONE WHO IS THINKING OF COMING OVER TO PARIS .FRANCE FOR A HOLIDAY MUST LET ME KNOW AS I COULD MEET UP WITH THEM FOR SOME PRACTISE MATCHES LET EVERYONE KNOW ABOUT THIS PLEASE
william

Postby william on Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:12 am

Yes Alex
I was surprised to find Wales and Ireland had no entrys; but I think Hugh is in the same situation as I;;ie. he has just aqcuired a new house and also had a birth not so long ago on which i wish to congratulate him.
It would be great I f he and another strong Irish plyer could come but as yet no news.
However I spoke to Graham Young and he told me that entries were still possible and that inscriptions after closing date only penalised particicpants with financial help;;;;
william

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:44 am

I am very positive (and hope) - this list will be extended. I know - Richard Beckwith showed an interest and Ron King also wanted to play. So ... personally I would not consider this list as final official version.

William - it will be my pleasure to play with you (on Kurnik ?), and I think very beneficciary for both of us. I am very glad to see you back to checkers. Thanks for your compliments regards my sense of humor. Yes, it has not been changed. but after 2 years title controversy and 2 World title matches - it became sharper :roll:

I saw this list several days ago. It was a bad news for me do not find Tommy name on this list. I assume - health conditions are the main reason ?

Regards,

Alex
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:09 am

The most recent list of nominees, which I saw recently, includes Ron King, James Morrison and Richard Beckwith.

I am wondering - if Canada, Ireland and Wales decided to declare boycott :roll: to this event, or this is lack of paperwok ? :lol: There are many good outstanding players in these countries worthy to ply in this event.

The final list (which I saw today) includes 17 names, I am very honored to see, that all these people just attended this event, which has one prize only - rights to play match with me. I am very proud of this fact. I also glad to see, that QT this year seems to be much stronger, thatn QT in 2004 and more players show an interest.

Respectfully,

Alex Moiseyev
Alex_Moiseyev

List

Postby Michael Holmes on Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:21 pm

Can you post the final list that you saw even though it still may be edited.
Michael Holmes

Re: List

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:17 pm

Michael Holmes wrote:Can you post the final list that you saw even though it still may be edited.

Michael, it is exactly the same, which list (14 people) posted in this topic in above + 3 new names.

As I said - I still hope Ireland, Wales and Canada will endorse their players to attend this event. And maybe BCDF & BDA also can send one more player from each Federation, who can financially afford such trip.

Regards,

Alex
Alex_Moiseyev

Return to General Discussion