More Kurnik Games!

General Discussion about the game of Checkers.

More Kurnik Games!

Postby Jake Lopez on Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:31 pm

Anyone want to play some games at Kurnik today(2/16) between 4:30-8:00 pm Eastern? I'll play any type, 3 move or freestyle with any timers :)
Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

A gentle stream can split a mountain, given enough time

A single death is a tragedy. A million deaths is a statistic.

A mathematician is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat which isn't there.
Jake Lopez

Re: More Kurnik Games!

Postby Ingo_Zachos on Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:24 pm

I would play at Kurnik, but:

1. Americans will lagg, so that when you have more then two minutes, sudenly it counts you down to zero, or if your opponents has zero seconds, it adds two minutes or more!!
Happend in 7 out of 10 games against Americans!
2. When someone plays a losing published variation he inevitably calls you a progger or even worse...
3. Some players nagg with "take back moves" and "draw" offers in lost position to try to get time advantage.
4. Why can some players take back moves without asking you?
Happend 4 times to me one day!

It looks like a suspicious site, especially reagarding time rules and takeback, even more then yahoo, sad to say that.
Ingo_Zachos

Postby Jake Lopez on Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:16 am

Ingo_Zachos wrote:I would play at Kurnik, but:

1. Americans will lagg, so that when you have more then two minutes, sudenly it counts you down to zero, or if your opponents has zero seconds, it adds two minutes or more!!
Happend in 7 out of 10 games against Americans!
2. When someone plays a losing published variation he inevitably calls you a progger or even worse...
3. Some players nagg with "take back moves" and "draw" offers in lost position to try to get time advantage.
4. Why can some players take back moves without asking you?
Happend 4 times to me one day!

It looks like a suspicious site, especially reagarding time rules and takeback, even more then yahoo, sad to say that.

I can assure you that I won't cause any harassment if you play me. And if there is a timer issue, then we can make the timer as long as possible, but I'm always open for 2 minute games.

This is the first time someone has had these type of experiences that I've heard, has anyone had this experience with the timer?

A mathematician is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat which isn't there.
Jake Lopez

kurnick

Postby kiwinurse on Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:50 am

Yes ive had bad experiences in Kurnick lately,specially with playing time,when as soon as you start to play,10 minutes is reduced to 2 minutes,and silly kids try to either prog or beat you on time.Of course the only wise thing is to play someone you know.Ive even tried going into vog, but noones there except silly old bot.
kiwinurse

Re: kurnick

Postby Jake Lopez on Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:19 pm

kiwinurse wrote:Yes ive had bad experiences in Kurnick lately,specially with playing time,when as soon as you start to play,10 minutes is reduced to 2 minutes,and silly kids try to either prog or beat you on time.Of course the only wise thing is to play someone you know.Ive even tried going into vog, but noones there except silly old bot.

The time change from 10minutes to 2 minutes is done by the table host before the start of the game. You can't prog at kurnik unless it's with 2 computers just like VOG

Jake Lopez

time issues

Postby Patrick Parker on Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:26 am

play without time
play with people you know
play with people you know that wont cheat
Patrick Parker

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:50 am

I played recently on kurnik under my old nickname "RUSMS". Nothing better then VOG.

Regards,

Alex
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Alex_Moiseyev

Return to General Discussion