A Real Champ

General Discussion about the game of Checkers.

A Real Champ

Postby chipschap on Mon May 15, 2017 3:12 pm

Just looking over the ratings in the latest ACF Bulletin. It's rather impressive at the top end.

But one thing that really impressed me was Alex Moiseyev's count of 1312 rated games played. Alex is a champion who is not afraid of competition and win or lose (mostly win, of course) comes back again and again.

That's the mark of a first class champion.[1]

[1] Not my intent to take anything away from the accomplishments of other players, of course ... but you have to admit Alex puts himself out there.
chipschap

Re: A Real Champ

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Mon May 15, 2017 4:49 pm

Bob, thanks for kind words ! Teal Stanley beat me slightly by number of games, because this year I wasn't very active and missed TN, IL and upcoming NC events due to family circumstances and couple graduations - one in college and one in high school!

I want to thanks personally our ACF Rating processor Joe Moore and everyone who helped him - they did tremendous job.

And indeed most amazing fact - establishing titles in ACF: Grandmaster, Master and Expert. June ACFB issue includes amendment to ACF BY-LAWS - basic and most conservative part of legislature which requires Full ACF Board approval.

I can tell you honestly - it was easy for USA President Donald Trump to repeal Obamacare in Congress House rather then get necessary 10 votes needed to approve new amendment to ACF By-LAWS!

First time since 1905 when ACF was funded!

In August ACFB we are planning to publish Rules and Regulations for titles along with initial lists of title holders.

Also eventually all information will be posted on ACF website.

Stay on for more news !

AM
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Alex_Moiseyev

Return to General Discussion