Temporary Solution to Board and Checker Set

General Discussion about the game of Checkers.

Temporary Solution to Board and Checker Set

Postby JR Smith on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:25 am

Hello Checker Players, I know Alan had checker sets at Branson, MO for sale. I read Richard Beckwith's post on ACF Forum about Crisloid Inc. in Providence, RI no longer making checkers. A temporary solution maybe for players to get boards and checker sets at a discount while they last from Ernest Leedman in Toronto Ontario. I have ordered twice recently for NC players and I like the boards and checker sets as well as what I've purchased from Alan Millhone who got a supply form Roger Blaine. Here is the link off NCCA site about how to contact Don Goodwin's Checker Distributors' inventory.

http://www.nccheckers.org/NCCA/Don%20Goodwin%20Book%20List.htm
A Checker Friend, JR Smith
JR Smith

Re: Temporary Solution to Board and Checker Set

Postby tgf on Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:52 pm

A lot of good stuff there, for example the first 200 ACF Bulletin issues, the library has only 10 of them.
Ideally someone will scan and send them to be posted in the library, I did scan all I had at home, but there is really no room for more books/magazines :(
tgf

Re: Temporary Solution to Board and Checker Set

Postby chipschap on Wed May 03, 2017 1:57 am

Crisloid still makes the "swirlies" in red and white (3 sizes) and similarly 3 sizes of solid color red and white "grooved" checkers. Neither of these are of course 100% official, but they are pretty good and priced fairly.

There are some expensive red and whites at www.bgshop.com; these appear to have very slight color blend but nothing near as much as swirlies. And if you want to go WAY upscale check out purlinglondon.com; they have sets suitable for those somewhat above the upper 1%.

The best place to find checkers that come close to being regulation is online backgammon equipment sellers.
chipschap

Return to General Discussion