Iser Kuperman memorabilia seeks home

General Discussion about the game of Checkers.

Iser Kuperman memorabilia seeks home

Postby whitefork on Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:40 pm

I have Iser's inscribed 10x10 commemorative board from his championship match, and his widow Ina has a lot of other important items from his career. We don't really have a suitable place for them here in the Boston area, and Joe Margolin and I are looking for ideas as to where they might best be housed (subject to Ina's approval of course).
Charles Walker, if you're reading this forum, I'm talking to you!

Thanks all.
Пилите, Шура, пилите!
whitefork

Re: Iser Kuperman memorabilia seeks home

Postby tgf on Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:48 pm

I knew Iser Kuperman for over30 years, here http://checkersusa.com/gallery/Kuperman.aspx you will find some of the photos I took at Charles Walker's place. My online library has many of his books, both on Russian and 10x10 checkers.
Whoever will get the memorabilia should consider making scans and photos available in the OCL library.
Jake Kacher
tgf

Postby tgf on Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:18 am

One of the library's contributor is Nick R, a checker collector from Pennsylvania near Boston, who has hundreds of rare books in all languages specializing in Spanish and English pre 1900 dating to 1500! He even has Tom Wiswells personal papers! He is unable to register here (actually he registered but the account was never activated) and thus asked me to put a good word that he is interested in Iser Kuperman collection.
tgf

Postby whitefork on Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:25 pm

I believe that Ina would like this material housed somewhere that would make it available to the public on request. I'll confirm that with her, but do you know if Nick can support that kind of arrangement?

Thank you.
Пилите, Шура, пилите!
whitefork

Postby tgf on Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:57 pm

Frankly I feel uncomfortable, twice already I appealed on behalf of the same correspondent, to this forum's administrator to do his job and approve pending membership requests. Let Nick R. present his case, I will no longer be an in-between.
tgf

Postby Chexbibliophile on Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:34 am

I got my account activated finally to post. I pmed you Rich. Thanks for the help Jake.
If you have any old draughts books pre 1900 or looking for a book email me. thecheckercollector@gmail.com
Chexbibliophile

Return to General Discussion