checker libraries up for grabs

General Discussion about the game of Checkers.

checker libraries up for grabs

Postby rich beckwith on Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:13 pm

I am aware of two separate checker libraries in the Chicago area that are looking for a good home. (The current non-checker-player owners were merely looking for someone who would want the books rather than throw them out.) If nothing else, maybe books can go to youth. Both libraries can fit into a car but may contain a number of boxes. One library has a Robert Flood manuscript (he is credited with a couple defenses in Basic Checkers) and some older books. I have not personally seen either library and don't have a list of contents, but am passing on the info to anyone who is interested and has means to Chicago. You can contact me for more details (beckwith24@msn.com).
Richard Beckwith
ACF Treasurer / WCDF President
rich beckwith

Re: checker libraries up for grabs

Postby tgf on Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:00 pm

I was contacted by a collector who claims to have over 500 books printed before 1900, he says that this forum does not allow him to join. Who is in charge here of accepting new members?

About books - it is sad, it was nice of the owners to contact you and not just dump the boxes. My books are also in boxes likely to meet the same fate - but I do not worry, I have them all scanned and posted online, they will not perish.
tgf

Postby rich beckwith on Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:37 pm

I'm unclear why this collector says he can't join, but he should write Alan with his intentions. There are many unwanted spammers who try to join forum, so approvals are selective.
Richard Beckwith
rich beckwith

Postby rich beckwith on Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:16 am

It seems we now have a taker for both libraries.
Richard Beckwith
rich beckwith

Return to General Discussion