Alex WQT Travel Fund.

General Discussion about the game of Checkers.

Alex WQT Travel Fund.

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:22 pm

I definitely will try to do all my best and attend this event, but ...

In nowadays air tickets prices grows significantly over sky, it becomes a serious financial challenge for me and my family. In addition I have 1 mortgage, 1 college loan with still 15 years life time, another college loan just started and one is coming soon.

Several weeks ago I sent email to my sponsors and people who donated in the past to my events. I want to thanks everyone who already helped and willing to help.

Probably the main question you have to ask yourself before sending donation: - do I have any real chances to win event ? My honest answer is certainly - YES!. Today, 3 years after I lost match to M. Borghetti, my health conditions are much, much better more stable and under control. Although all my 2015 and 2016 records indicate that there is consistent progress and "comeback".

Here is a full list of contributors (so far) to Alex WQT travel Fund:

1. Steve Holliday $50
2. Gerry Lopez $30
3. Incognito #1 $300
4. TN "hat collection" $300
5. Incognito #2 $200

If you believe I have chances to win this event and eventually return title back home to USA, please send your check to

Alexander Moiseyev
5676 Springburn Drive
Dublin, OH, 43017

Respectfully,

AM
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Alex_Moiseyev

Re: Alex WQT Travel Fund.

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:20 pm

George Hay - $25.

Many thanks, George! Money are important indeed, but probably more than money it is important for me moral support and recognizing the fact that people truly believe I have a chance to compete and being successful. And I sure will.

Regards,

AM
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby George Hay on Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:09 pm

Mr. Alex, a Grandmaster is much more than a rating number, ratings have inflation and deflation. I will always consider you a Grandmaster of Checkers.
I hope you reach your fundraising goal, small donations add up, and I know you will be competitive at the Rome 3-Move World Qualifier Tournament.

USA USA USA

--George Hay
George Hay

Postby Chexhero on Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:15 pm

Alex_Moiseyev wrote: do I have any real chances to win event ? My honest answer is certainly - YES!.
AM

I agree 100%. If anyone can stop those Italians, it is the Russian Bear!
Chexhero

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:40 am

Chexhero wrote:
Alex_Moiseyev wrote: do I have any real chances to win event ? My honest answer is certainly - YES!.
AM

I agree 100%. If anyone can stop those Italians, it is the Russian Bear!
Thanks, Joe !

Even today is April 1st on Calendar :D :D :D - I accept your kind words.

I also heard unproved rumors that you showed some interest. Is that true or just rumors only ?

AM
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby okrunjoe on Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:13 am

Alex, count on me for $300.

Joe McDaniel
okrunjoe

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:34 pm

okrunjoe wrote:Alex, count on me for $300.

Joe McDaniel
Thanks, Joe ! Your moral and financial support shall greatly help me.

If I will be so lucky to win WQT and earn rights to play World Title Match, I might come back to you with better offer :D
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby John Acker on Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:44 pm

Alex, if you win the WQT, will we finally see an update to the ACF Player Rep's column? I think the last one announced the big Wiswell vs. Hopper match!
John Acker

Postby Chexhero on Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:51 pm

Alex_Moiseyev wrote: Thanks, Joe !

Even today is April 1st on Calendar :D :D :D - I accept your kind words.

I also heard unproved rumors that you showed some interest. Is that true or just rumors only ?

AM

I did express some interest awhile back, but the travel will be too expensive for me. So no, I won't be going to this one. I do hope in a few years I will be making more money and can go to a long distance qualifier.
Chexhero

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:37 am

Joe McDaniel's upcoming check will be last one I accept. I already bought tickets to Rome. I want to thanks everyone who participated in "Alex Travel Fund". This Fund is close now (no more donations needed). All contributors will get a small booklet with all my 16 games from Rome, fully annotated with diagrams. I also will try to put some photos here and maybe my short travel social notes.

I had $300 "hat donation" from TN State event and really don't remember all names who participated (almost everyone putted something into hat). I will distribute several copies of booklet to TN authorities (Frank and Mary) which they can use in future events as small prices.

AM
Alex_Moiseyev

Return to General Discussion