New Zealand website

General Discussion about the game of Checkers.

Re: New Zealand website

Postby Mr. Checkers on Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:11 pm

Jan please put us down as a member. Do you accept Paypal? Ms. Becky
Take care and God Bless. "Mr. Checkers"---Visit with "Inky" at: http://www.broenink-art.nl/maukie2.swf----"No act of kindness no matter how small is ever wasted". --Aesop--
Mr. Checkers

Hello from Belpre,Ohio

Postby Alan Millhone on Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:42 pm

Hi Jan:

Put me down as a NZ supporter as well. I looked over your site and like what I see so far. Any web site takes a lot of work and dedicated volunteers to keep it going . I also appreciate our ACF site being listed under your 'links' . To make our game grow anywhere all of us have to keep 'chipping' away to make it happen.

Sincerely:
Alan Millhone, President
American Checker Federation
" An average Checker/Draughts Player"
Alan Millhone
Alan Millhone
Site Admin

New Zealand website

Postby kiwinurse on Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:16 pm

Thankyou both Alan and Ms Becky for your support,the webmasters are John Guetta and Andrew MCClure, both found here in New Zealand from the internet.We are just a small group of people, but this year we hope to run a 3 move and a gayp tournament here in New Zealand.So if anybody is interested in playing in them please contact us.
kiwinurse

Postby matthewkooshad on Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:32 am

Jan, add a link to draughts.info too. I'll post a link to NZDA, too. Thanks

Good luck with the color scheme hehe. I hope you guys are able to get those tournaments going to have some fun too :)
matthewkooshad

New Zealand Checkers

Postby kiwinurse on Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:36 am

Thanks Matthew we will add a lot more links as well
kiwinurse

website

Postby kiwinurse on Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:49 pm

Another website that Dennis Pawlek has just given me on Nz Checkers in the past is http://www.teara.govt.nz/1966/D/Draughts/Draughts/en

I never knew it existed.New Zealand was strong in draughts in those days, so heres hoping for a revival.I have just applied to the New Zealand Masters Federation to include checkers as a mindsport in their next games. My husband Jim just came back from The New Zealand Masters in squash where he won a gold medal.In a couple of years they are holding the games in Sydney Australia.
kiwinurse

masters

Postby kiwinurse on Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:27 pm

In fact Masters, which is held every year over here,and gets great sponsorship is something worth pursuing for draughts. Do you have these games overseas?Its mainly for sports, but mindsports like bridge and scrabble are included, and if they can be included so can checkers.
kiwinurse

donation

Postby kiwinurse on Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:04 pm

Thanks Mr Checkers for the donation towards the NZ website,i received it today and have sent it on to our treasurer
kiwinurse

website

Postby kiwinurse on Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:29 pm

At the moment the couple of men who are devising this website are unable to go further with it because ofwork committments,but that will change this year when we can build it up a bit more
kiwinurse

Postby john_sliced2 on Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:33 am

hi all. thank you for your kind remarks about our web site. sorry it taking so long to complete, :? . work seems to have interupted progress .:cry: .
but it has now gone back up to the top of my list :) .
gee alot of work in getting something like this up and running, it all new to this lil kiwi lad .
thanks for your donation Mr Checkers, gratefully accept thanks/
john guetta
secretary/ treasurer
New Zealand Draughts Association
john_sliced2

Return to General Discussion