Online checkers library.

General Discussion about the game of Checkers.

Re: Online checkers library.

Postby Ingo_Zachos on Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:54 pm

It is indeed very sad and makes me really angry that such a noble and useful attempt is suspended because of selfish, greedy and egoistic behaviour of some subjects.

My respect and amiration to Jake Karcher for his great site. I hope it is not the end.
You can rent this space for advertising, if you like!
Ingo_Zachos

Postby williamdocherty on Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:57 am

Greetings to all

Very very sad news to hear that this site has been abused...Players of all variants of our game will sadly miss this platform which was so generously and unselfishly proposed to us all.

Personally I had been using the 10x10 books as well as the checker books, and now that reality has hit , I can confidently say that if I were asked to pay to be able to access this site then I definitely would.
I cannot imagine that I'd be the only one to accept this, and it is perhaps the only way to keep this site up, and also pay respect to the huge efforts made by Jake

Let's hope the site will not be down for too long Jake, and I aswell as others would be ready to pay the price!!

William
williamdocherty

Postby tgf on Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:03 pm

I put some straight checkers books back in for now to help those who seek to start learning
tgf

Previous

Return to General Discussion