Hello - I'm new to Checkers...

General Discussion about the game of Checkers.

Hello - I'm new to Checkers...

Postby Michael S. Sanders on Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:56 pm

Erm, or at least as its officially played. Programming on the side is a hobby of mine. Thought I'd build a checker puzzle application. Yet that effort for the time being, has been derailed as I've gotten caught up with all things 'Checkers' =)

At any rate just thought I say hello and back to learning the game. As soon as my copy of Hopper's 'How to play winning checkers' arrives, I look forward to reading it.

Well, nice to meet you all. I hope to learn from each and everyone =)
Michael S. Sanders

greetings michael

Postby kiwinurse on Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:31 pm

Nice to see you here
kiwinurse

Re: greetings michael

Postby Michael S. Sanders on Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:04 am

kiwinurse wrote:Nice to see you here

Many thanks for the reply kiwinurse, appreciate it. I see you hail from New Zealand. Me? U.S. in Texas.

So, how did you become interested in the game?
Michael S. Sanders

hi

Postby kiwinurse on Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:00 pm

Well my husband Jim bought home a computer,and i decided i wanted to meet overseas people,and the best way of doing that was going online and playing a game like checkers.And i did that for a while, then one day An American man came in to my online room and asked me why i didnt come to vegas to the nationals to play.I thought why not! So i went and met a few of the people id played online with.After that i was hooked.
kiwinurse

Re: hi

Postby Michael S. Sanders on Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:37 pm

I'm married as well with two teenage boys who can be a handful =) Man I wish I was as free spirited as you are, that's great =) I own an operate a small handyman business that keeps me fairly well tied up, so the internet is where I plan to do most of my Checkering. Still very much the newbie so you'll see all the silly questions I'll be asking down the road :/
Michael S. Sanders

hi

Postby kiwinurse on Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:55 pm

i think its great that you have joined. Maybe in your area there might be a group that have tournaments once a year that you could take part in. Best person to ask is Alan Millhone, the national president here, and im sure he will read these postings.Nothing wrong with playing online, you meet some terrific people.
kiwinurse

Return to General Discussion