ACF 3-Move Nationals and Youth Tournament

General Discussion about the game of Checkers.

ACF 3-Move Nationals and Youth Tournament

Postby Alan Millhone on Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:56 am

Hello Mr. Alex:

Yes, nice to have Ohio once more for our National Tournament and our "Arthur Niederhoffer 2006 ACF Youth Tournament" . Mr. Victor Niederhoffer of Weston,Ct. and long standing ACF member will make the second year of this important event happen! Details on youth ty. to be developed and announced soon. I want to publicly thank Mr. Niederhoffer for stepping forward and supporting our younger players. Without them we will eventually have no ACF (something to think about) and Checkers will gradually diminish as a wonderful mind sport.

Donations will soon be accepted on our ACF 'store' for copies of 'select' games,etc. and we ask for donations to support our upcoming Medina 3-Move Nationals and our youth tournament. More details to be announced as they materialize and are finalized.

I hope to have had my copy of " SIXTH" for some time before the Nationals. I am sure this fine book by our current 3-Move World Champion will make my average playing even better:-)

Sincerely:
Alan Millhone, President
American Checker Federation
" See you in Medina in 2006 "
Alan Millhone
Alan Millhone
Site Admin

Re: ACF 3-Move Nationals and Youth Tournament

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:12 am

Hello, Mr. Millhone !

From your first "official" 2006 National announcement - I don't see any information about any potential changes to format, system etc. This is really great news for me and I like it :lol: :P :!:

If, however, my assumption is incorrect :roll: and ACF administration plan to change / vote for something this year - it will be much better to inform and notify players well in advance, not at the "last second".

Previous year, 2005, we had fiasco with voting, which forced to withdrew one of the strongest USA players. This should not happened again.

Regards,

Alex
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Alex_Moiseyev

Reply to Mr. Alex

Postby Alan Millhone on Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:22 am

Hello Mr. Alex:

Our ACF Player's Rep. Dr. Richard Beckwith is currently working on those items that concern you and others that will be attending our Nationals. Mr. Gene Lindsay and I had a very personal and productive conversation at another tournament after he left our Nationals. I will now go on record and publicly apologize for upsetting Gene and any others who came to Dublin last year. It is hoped that voting on scoring,etc. will be in our next ACFB for all to read and make comments.

This year's calibre of 3-Move play should be even higher............ Providing all players get their copy of " SIXTH" and carefully study before our Medina Nationals. " Knowledge is Power" and in Checkers this holds especially true.

Sincerely:
Alan Millhone, President
" SEE YOU IN MEDINA IN 2006"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hoping to have my copy of " SIXTH" soon to study
Alan Millhone
Alan Millhone
Site Admin

Re: Reply to Mr. Alex

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:16 am

Alan Millhone wrote:Providing all players get their copy of " SIXTH" and carefully study before our Medina Nationals.

I do my best :lol: ...

I also am very eager to wait and see Dr. Beckwith article in the February ACFB issue. All after all, the main goal of any changes should be - attract more players and encourage them to improve.

I don't consider myself in camp of conservatives :oops: , but in other hands, I am not kind of person who wants to change everything at once :evil:

This year, 2006, must be a "Year of Integrity" ! I plan to award one numbered copy of SIXTH to the winner of the Youth tournament.

Regards,

Alex
Alex_Moiseyev

Reply from Alan

Postby Alan Millhone on Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:28 pm

Hello Mr. Alex:

Very nice donating a numbered copy to a youth who attends our ACF Youth Tournament this year.

Recently I received a box of signed books from Mr. Victor Niederhoffer. You won a copy in Illinois of his EDUCATION OF A SPECULATOR, with one chapter dedicated to board games and him knowing Mr. Tommy Wiswell for many years. The second book he sent is PRACTICAL SPECULATIONS and is geared towards investing in the market. Both are hardbound with dust covers . I will have them on hand this year at certain tournaments that require ACF Membership in the Masters.

Sincerely:
Alan Millhone, President
" KNOWLEDGE IS POWER "
===============================================

" I will read "SIXTH" every day (once I get my copy) "
Alan Millhone
Alan Millhone
Site Admin

Postby rich beckwith on Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:57 pm

Donations can be made under ACF Store under Donations/ACF Tournament Fund Donation
Richard Beckwith
ACF Treasurer / WCDF President
rich beckwith

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:45 pm

Hi, Richard !

I don't know much about procedure - how ICHF endorse players. This is private organisation. Hugh Devlin must be aware about 2006 QT bids (if any).

I heard rumors that Italy may bid this year, or at least - Michele Borgetti is willing to participate in this cycle and give a shot.

Regards,

Alex
Alex_Moiseyev

Return to General Discussion