Medina, welcome !

General Discussion about the game of Checkers.

Medina, welcome !

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:31 am

Just read on the ACF website front page information from ACF Player Representative Dr. Richard Beckwith that USA 2006 3 moves National will be held in Medina, OH - close to Cleveland. Great news ! I had a chance to play in Medina previous year 2 times - in OH State tournament, and OH State match. Both times I had a really pleasant time and enjoy it.

Cleveland International airport is located not very far from Medina, and all guests are welcome. For UK & Europe players - Canadian air company can be used, which has very reasonable prices.

Ckeveland Zoo and Rock'n-Roll Hall-of-Fame are the MUST places to visit.

I want to thanks Dr. Beckwith and everyone who made this bid materialize and come to arena. See you there, folks !

Two winners of USA National (except myself) will be endorsed to play in the 3 moves Qualify Tournament 2006. This is a great challenge and not an easy task for everyone.

Regards,

Alex
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Alex_Moiseyev

Re: Medina, welcome !

Postby Jake Lopez on Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:42 am

Two winners of USA National (except myself) will be endorsed to play in the 3 moves Qualify Tournament 2006.

So the top 2 finishers, except for Moiseyev, in the masters division have a bid to the 2006 3 move qualifier? Does this only include US residents? I think that would make sense just in case the top 3 were MOISEYEV, FRANCIS, and KING; that wouldn't enter any americans into the QT if that were the case :o

I am interested in asking how many non-resident US players know if they are attending yet :o [/i]
Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

A gentle stream can split a mountain, given enough time

A single death is a tragedy. A million deaths is a statistic.

A mathematician is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat which isn't there.
Jake Lopez

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:07 am

Yes, only USA residents will be endorse to QT from USA National, unless ACF change rules. Barbados residents could be endorse from BCDF or BDA. Although Francis in 3 moves never being considered at any other level rather than oridinary master.

Ronald King from Barbados, former 3 moves World Champion, last time won USA 3 moves National among humans in 1996. In 1998, 2002, 2004 he didn't play, in 2000 he was 3rd behind me and Lowder.

So ... Any kind of foreign players domination in USA 3 moves National is in big question :lol:

Regards,

Alex
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby rich beckwith on Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:53 pm

In 2005, Michael Holmes (and Clayton Nash, temporarily) were set to go to qualifier through ICHOF membership. All WCDF-member contries can send two players, with host country sending three.

Anyone hear yet about the site of 2006 qualifier?
Richard Beckwith
ACF Treasurer / WCDF President
rich beckwith

Re: Nationals

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:11 pm

JohnAcker wrote:Ohio State University

A-A-A-A-A !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am waiting for you, boy ! OSU is 20-25 minutes driving from my house. Welcome to the jungle :lol:
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby MostFamousDane on Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:27 am

rich beckwith wrote:Anyone hear yet about the site of 2006 qualifier?

St. Leonard's Hotel, Stonehaven, Scotland, from Monday
24th - Friday 28th July 2006.
MostFamousDane

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:22 am

MostFamousDane wrote:Stonehaven, Scotland

Thanks for excellent news ! I am very delighted to see the famous location :lol: - Stonehaven, Scotland, which remind me romantic time - summer 2002, hot controversy with title, British Open, match with Wyllie and many other things.

I remember in 2002 we had very tough competition in British Open and tournament collected the best players in the World at the moment.

As a 3 moves World Champion, I would like to see the highest level of competition in the Qualify event which helps to indetify the best and strongest challenger. I wish everyone who will aattend this event, best of luck. Lets hope QT 2006 will be organise at the same excellent level as we had in 2005 in Prague, and provide the same level of competition.

I wish I can play in this event and compete, but I am not qualify :roll:

There is only one way to prove pudding - eat it !

Regards,

Alex
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby Ingo_Zachos on Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:23 pm

The Qualifer in Stonehaven will be men only.
No Women Qualifier and no Youth Championship.
Bids for these events as well as for the King-Morrison and Durdyeva-Mortimer matches are still possible until 31st January 2006

Greetinx from Dortmund, Germany

Ingo Zachos
Ingo_Zachos

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:08 pm

Magic ! :mrgreen:

Ingo, I am curious - where did you get this information ??? There were no official announcements or publications, I also didn't find anything on ACF & EDA site. In addition Jan Mortimer mentioned that Ladies GAYP World Title Match will be in Stoneheaven, and she is a member of WCDF Board, so her information is 100% accurate.

Does it mean organisers from Scotland step back and decided to run man QT only ?

Regards,

Alex
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby Ingo_Zachos on Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:29 pm

shr wrote:Ingo, I am curious - where did you get this information ??? There were no official announcements or publications, I also didn't find anything on ACF & EDA site.

Maybe Jan IS better informed.
My source: Lancashire Newsletter, No.92, page 7
But things could have changed since this was published.

Greetinx from Dortmund, Germany

Ingo Zachos
Ingo_Zachos

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:28 am

I spoke shortly with James Morrison to congratulate him when he returned back from Prague. He said, that he is a bit more in favor to play in US, but is completely OK with Barbados, if reasonable bid will be provided.

Regards,

Alex
Alex_Moiseyev

Return to General Discussion